Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Changing a Ingersoll to a Case

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mjoe7 
#1 ·
I have a Ingersoll 4018 and would like to repaint it like the older Case tractors. Is this a good or bad idea, would it hurt the value of the tractor? I just like the look of the red and sand over the power red. What does everyone think?

#2 ·
Re: Changing a Ingersoil to a Case

The late model scheme of black chassis and power red body metal has really grown on me over the years. I really like it now ... did not when first introduced.

While I love the original 2 tone paint scheme, I do think it makes the tractor look more like it is from the 70's with those tones ... that does not enhance the value of a tractor built in the 90's.

Personally, I think you stay original, update to new PowerRed over Black and new style decals, or you are losing value.

Brian

#3 ·
Re: Changing a Ingersoil to a Case

ricarsi50; I think if you do a ''top notch'' job you won't be disappointed, it is all about what makes you happy . If you are buying and selling or a dealer like Brian ,than staying the with factory colours may be best. We have had a Zebra Case in the club for years and members have swapped and switched parts and painted older parts with newer colours. Case brother i'm not telling you what to do, but as an "" enthusiast"" I sure do like a sincere effort to make our little tractors the way that we enjoy them most, just my humble thoughts & opinions .

:thumbsup: Have a good day ---oldfrank--- :canada: :welding:

#5 ·
Here is what I practice. If I plan to resell it I don't do anything to over the top. I'll keep it original or use my best judgment on any upgrades.
It just depends on what your going to do with it. If done right I think it could look ok, but the decals will break or make the final outcome. Don't just slap on any old decals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.