Quantcast
Eliminate Hydraulic Circuit Case 646 Loader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator InTroubleAlltheTime's Avatar
    Thanks

Eliminate Hydraulic Circuit Case 646 Loader

Case 1976 646 loader 646-76 SN 9732149 Hydraulic Manual Reference: Ingersoll Hydraulic Systems How it Works #9-50884

My loader has the remnants of an attachment lift system in the belly and also front mechanical PTO. I am going to remove the remainder of what wasn't already butchered and is left of both of these features. No need for this stuff on the loader for my purposes. And the attachment lift hydraulic circuit lines and cylinder are leaking fluid. The attachment lift is powered hydraulically by the travel control valve. So I would like to cap the fittings for the lines in and out for this circuit coming from the travel control valve. Can I do that without anything bad happening?

By introuble at 2012-05-13

The old narly cylinder.

Front PTO rod and attachment lift cylinder.

The two relevant lines of the attachment lift circuit, yellow towards top and shiny steel just below, both with 90 degree elbows, are also are on the two fittings on the travel control valve that have caps already.
    Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards, Rich

2. # ADS
    CCI Ads

Site Founder
    Thanks

Re: Eliminate Hydraulic Circuit Case 646 Loader

I see that you have TEE fittings on that spool for a 3 pt hitch.

Yep.... just get two more caps like the ones you see on the other leg of the TEE and you are good to go. Anything you remove should be plugged up before placing in a box for storage. You might not be the last person to own this tractor and the next owner just might appreciate getting those items thrown in with the deal.

And just for the record...... you are removing lines from the "LIFT VALVE", not the Travel Valve. They just happen to share the same casting on your tractor.

Thanks

Since that valve has a detent to hold it in the neutral position you may want to consider unhooking the linkage so it couldn't be accidently engaged deadheading that circuit.

Thanks

Gregg: Just to 100% sure that I understand, I am just going to simply disconnect the linkage and that will do the trick? I don't have to move the valve to a certain position or anything like that prior to? Just want to make sure I will do this right.Thank you.
    Best Regards, Rich

Thanks

Rich, The valve would have to be in the neutral (center) position. Unlike the travel side of the valve there is a detent to hold it there. You have enough experiance with these tractors so you would probably feel it instantly if the lever was accidently bumped but it does eliminate the possability. Gregg

Thanks

I am going to do this to my 648...why don't you run a pair of lines to a bracket somewhere on the tractor and have an extra hydraulic circuit to use for something in the future?I can't remember what the GPM and pressure is on that circuit ,but it might be useful for something.

Site Founder
    Thanks

Build a dump trailer. Install a hydraulic cylinder for the dumping the box. Run the lines from the Lift Cylinder Work Ports to quick couplers on the rear of the tractor. Whenever you need the dump trailer....plug its lines into the quick couplers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hydriv
    Build a dump trailer. Install a hydraulic cylinder for the dumping the box. Run the lines from the Lift Cylinder Work Ports to quick couplers on the rear of the tractor. Whenever you need the dump trailer....plug its lines into the quick couplers.

Rich

This is one of the Ladys Ideas I agree with

Thanks

Those are great ideas! A wild fantasy ROFL I have is to someday have scissors on the loader bucket a/k/a 4 way bucket! You could then grab logs and stuff like that. Wouldn't that be neat?
    I really like the idea of having the hoses set up for future fluid power for a dump body on the tractor or a trailer. Thanks, awesome!
    Best Regards, Rich

Site Founder
    Thanks

A 4 in 1 bucket is a combination of a push blade, standard bucket, bottom dumping bucket and jaw type bucket. Having used one, i can tell you that they are very handy but....they are also heavy because of the increased thickness of the materials used to make them.

For your purposes, I think that you would be better off with adding grapples to your existing bucket along with a pair of small cylinders to power them. New hoses could be run down the loader arm or arms to quick couplers. If you put a selector valve on this circuit, you could have your cake and eat it too. The valve could choose between the grapple and the dump trailer with a simple push or pull.

Some people don't understand why these Case and Ingersoll tractors are so fantastic. The above is one of the many reasons. Show me another garden tractor that has 9 GPM of hydraulic fluid available at pressures up to 2600 PSI that you can easily tap into.