Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Got a reply from Eastman and wanted to rant a bit

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mjoe7 
#1 ·
I know this is beating a dead,,, ok a really dead horse but....I emailed Eastman a while back inquiring where I could purchase a new Ingersoll tractor in my area and specifically who actually stocks them JUST out of curiousity. To my surprise I received a email back the very next morning from "Terry". The email said in summary basically they had no idea a gave me a couple places to check into (not in my area which is Northern Illinois). They did however include a complete price list for the 2012 4000 series as well as an attachment price list whci was nice to see/read. Now I realize that there are dealers out there that stock the tractors but how does EASTMAN not know! the email also said they realize that their dealer list on the website is incomplete - yeah no kidding. The point is if I emailed a lower quality company I would get a zillion locations where I can buy their junk...I wished they would realize that there product is good, and people would buy them if they could look at them and find them. I'm not in need of a new tractor right now as I have two Case's but other friends of mine often ask me "Where can you even buy these anymore? To which I reply Umm good question... or "we had one when I was a kid why'd they quit making them?".... It'd be nice if the company championed their product and supported dealers so I can quit seeing CC's and Kubota's everywhere,,, sad... Guess my wife can just get used to me saving the old ones!

#3 ·
The problem as I see it is one of corporate detachment. The factory does not sell to dealers. It sells to distributors who in turn, supply tractors, implements and parts to the dealer network. The factory has no clue as to what a dealer has in stock. Of course, this could be solved by way of a computer network that tied the factory to all of the distributors and the dealers. Terry would have no problem telling you that such and such a dealer shows that they have two 4223PS models on their floor. The irony here is that Terry would be shocked and dismayed to learn that hardly any dealers have newly built Eastman tractors in their inventory and that quite a few still have product that is up to ten years out of date because of no sales.

#4 ·
I don't know where in northern Illinois you are but there's a dealer west of Madison Wisconsin. We had a dealer closer in Eagle Wisconsin but the owner getting a lengthy prison sentence from too many DUI's forced the bank to foreclose on him.

#5 ·
One thing I forgot to mention is that Eastman did give me a name of a distributor and advised that they may know of a dealer that STOCKS tractors but going through the website it was a deadend, it was Central Power Distributors, I did not call them. As I said in my first post I wasn't really in need of a new tractor it was more out of curiousity when I want to purchase a new one and just to be able to tell others where they can LOOK at one and BUY one. I was very impressed how quick they got back to me and the fact they provided the list prices as well as two product sheets as I told Hydriv the sheet also included the 3000 series attachments etc... And thanks for the info 1031d ref. Wisconsin! Not trying to blast the company because obviously I believe the tractors are of the highest quality just frustrating..And if Eastman is taking note bring back the hood scoop!

#7 ·
Tom Hanson of Sheridan Service Garage in Waupaca, WI is my "local" Ingersoll Dealer. 45 miles from me.
My local dealer was at one time Service Motor Company in Dale, WI slightly closer and easier to get to. They are a CaseIH dealer and no-longer carry Ingersoll, but I can still get parts from them. They have several locations in WI. Fon-Du-Lac, Stevens Point, Dale, and possibly others.
They have nothing good to say about Ingersoll's Management and Company as a whole, not necessarily the quality of their products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.