Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Sleeve hitch lift bar

8K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  InTroubleAlltheTime 
#1 ·
Here's what I finished up today. One for short wheelbase and one for long....

Ray W

Plant Tree Wood Grass Fence

See less See more
#9 ·
The slot allows for some float, without making the lift piston do all the feedback movement from the ground. It it didn't have the slot, meaning it was attached solidly to the linkage, every pebble on the ground would cause the lift cylinder to move up or down. The lift cylinder being in "float" position, of course.

Also, it allows for a setting of depth for the implement, with some upward float, but then returning to the same depth setting (lift cylinder in hold position).

#13 ·
Dave,

I wasn't really on the "hunt" it was just one of those things I wanted to get done... I wanted to return my loaner to it's rightful owner and had hoped to have a little tractor again (which has happened). Now I guess I'll need to fab a small wheel sleeve hitch too!

BTW - if you are in need of a short one, just drill a hole, weld in a new pin, cut off the excess!

I'd be glad to lay mine down side by side and shoot a pic. Seems to me that it's just 2" shorter....
(or did I miscalculate and COMPLETELY botch my job(s)?)

Ray W

#14 ·
Here's what I finished up today. One for short wheelbase and one for long....

Ray W

View attachment 3649
Looks good ray,.. I have a nos bar on my bench that I borrowed to copy a new link,..I didn't realize that the only difference was the straight end with the male pin welded in? Are u saying ? Every thing else is the same ? Threw all the bends,..And the only difference is the pinn setting on the last bit of the straight. Bar? Thanks. C4bt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.