Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Case 1967 - 195 Model

103K views 256 replies 31 participants last post by  chicagosfo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, Over the weekend I managed to source out a 1967 Case 195, which I've been looking and watching for.

It's absolutely complete, includes mower deck and tiller. Comes with factory hydraulics, includes the original muffler and seats and a few extras, ie spare hydraulic pump and other goodies,,

I'm quite interested and waiting for pictures of it. Expensive but we'll see,,,
Automotive design Gas Motor vehicle Rectangle Machine
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive lighting Yellow Lighting Wood Sports equipment

And, the absolute best part,, my Grandson, playing in PeeWee tripple A provincials, (13 yr old) team just won the title for the year!!! HoLA Grandson's stats, in 5 games, 25 goals and 15 assists, 3 time outs in the rest box.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow great pick up, I'll bet you will like the old girl, lots of goodies.
The Leafs could use some help, by the time your Grandson gets old enough he might get them going.
Just have to ask Did he have a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, sense he scored had some assists and spent sometime in the box,:deadhorse: he sound like a good candidate for both.:canada:
Great find and enjoy your tractor and your Hockey Player.:thumbsup:

bigman :usa:
bigger Red Wing's Fan :clap:

#3 ·
Yep, he got his hat trick,, for anyone interested, here's a pretty good spread about kadyn Chabot in the local paper. Sounds a bit biased, but trust me, we have no connections or affiliations to the reporter or the newspaper.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...s-in-tier-2-provincial-championship-1.1799091

He's currently ranked in the top 20th in western Canada and doing pretty good. He had his first interview the day prior to this article,,

Anyways, so much for the fun stuff.

Now, to the tractor, by the end of the day today, I have to make a decision on this Case 195. Apparently, it's currently all original, the seat, steering wheel and mufflers are toast, but the owner managed to find a guy down in Wisconsin that was pretty good at making reproductions. So, he does have a new reproduced seat and a the reproduced muffler I've posted. He has also located an original steering wheel to replace the one that is cracked.

He does have a set of original case weights to go along with the unit, (I think they are D10's, but not 100% on this). The tiller, has seen some usage, but the tines are still fairly blunt and the upper halfs still has paint on it, so it sounds a pretty decent shape. I don't know the condition of the original deck that goes with it as well.

The motor, apparently a 14 hp Kohler,, and from sitting around, the fuel line has deteriorated and is falling apart,, so I don't know the current condition/shape of the motor. By the looks of the pictures, it doesn't look like a rust bucket and the paint, although spotty, would seem to indicate some wear but perhaps not several thousands of hours worth. Not knowing much about kohlers', are these motors still rebuild-able if required? I think sevral weeks ago, I saw a link to a firm down in the eastern states that rebuild both Onan's and Kohler's. I wasn't paying much attention at the time.

What about parts? are they still available? It would seem they are maybe not to bad, as I see Joe's outdoors is currently parting out 2 of them, 1 of which, was mainly black, (not sure if there's any significance of a "black one", looks nice thought)

Case 195's would seem to be about the same size as a 446? Looks like the weight roughly the same.

Anything special, or pitfalls to watch for on these tractors? Lastly, if I decide to get this guy, well it'll be another 30ish hour return road trip,, so it isn't that close. I might try Canadian Freight Ways again like my other 446, but we'll see about that. I think my biggest problem would be, everything doesn't fit in the box of my truck, so it means a trailer, which I don't have, so when I throw in a trailer rental, fuel there and back, maybe an overnight at a hotel,, shipping via CFW seems cheap in comparison to me spending all the time behind the wheel. Anyways, 1 step at a time,, .

Thanks

Lionel

#8 ·
Okay, so been moving forward on this, he's pretty sure he has a deck with it and he'll confirm that tomorrow. Providing it includes the deck, then I'll go for it,

Included in the package is a set of original wheel weights, tiller, hopefully a deck, new muffler and seat, replacement steering wheel, extra pump, metal fan blade, case 195, replacement throttle and choke cable, and a box of muffler pipe, plastic spindle caps, and a bunch of other stuff, including a blade that'll fit my other 446, new front tires,

Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive wheel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument accessory Gas Tints and shades

#11 ·
That is the same deck as my 442, I hope you get the front mounting hardware with it, I will bet it's wore out and needs bushing in every hole
It was not there best work or design and why they designed the new snap/fast system, thank goodness:clap:
Great news on the wheel weights too, there worth big bucks.
You cant beat the round headlight years, I don't have one yet but I will someday, have to get it by the warden she would know it's new to the fleet.

#13 ·
Thank you, hopefully this is an indication of the wear, the front holes on where the snap fast now is located, seem to show very little, or next to nothing for wear, Looks like still evidence of paint in there,

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Gas Circle Automotive wheel system Auto part
Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Circle

Bigman, would you mind snapping a couple pictures of your mower and the mounting hardware? I want to make sure I get everything with it, he says it's all complete, but just want to make sure,

Lastly, Can I ask a moderator to correct the tittle for this post, Could I have it read,

Case 195 1967 model, serial #9621127

#14 ·
I wonder,

Can someone confirm that the G44 mower deck, is the correct deck for a 195?

Reason I ask is, if you look closely at the mower deck picture, it shows a modification where the wheels are attached, which makes me wonder,
Gas Font Wire Wood Brick

On this picture, there appears to be brackets bolted to the bottom of the tractor, just behind the cast front axle, is this the brackets to mount the mower to?

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

#18 ·
I've been scratching my head over this thing for several days, I can't figure out what it might be, based off the parts manual. In some of the pictures, I can see where aprts of it is painted the case orange color.

Is there some sort of item that can be mounted under the seat? I've cropped a picture so you can see what I'm refer at,

What is that handle thing, looks partially home made, but uner there, it's painted orange, Hood Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

#21 ·
Well, the little guy made it home!

This is how he got to travel roughly 800 KM's,,

He hitched a ride on Kijiji, :) easiest move ever! WAY better then me gum booting it to Edmonton to pick it up,, That would have been a 1600 KM round trip and 19 hours solid driving for me.

Now, you know what my next project will be,, after I finish the 446 Tiller, mower, blade, and snow caster,,

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

#22 ·
nice looking find .... was in Manitoba for an auction sale that had a 190 for sale with rototiller mower and snowblower on Friday (march 10th) tractor in fair condition for its age .... was thinking it would fetch somewhere in the area of 700-800 ended up going for 1450 talking to the fella afterwards doesn't plan on restoring it but using it as a work tractor ....

#26 ·
Thanks Rich,,

Only problem is, my wife's the one playing with it for now,, she helped unload it and put it all away,, I don't get to see and touch it till may long weekend. That's when the 446 is going home, and I'll probably bring the 195 back up with me,, see what kind of mischief I can get into with it.

The thing I like the most about those early years,, is the front with the headlights, and the way the hood stands over it with the case emblem just below,, That one, once completed, won't be a working tractor,, maybe a parade tractor,, we'll see,,

#28 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

So, looking over what parts I have for the G40 deck, most of the drive parts are missing, everything except parts #23 and #24(18 and 19 are brackets as well, don't need those either),, those 2 parts are on the tractor. Is there by chance, anyone that would have these parts available? G40 deck
Font Wood Paper Publication Book

Font Auto part Drawing Engineering Diagram

#30 ·
Hi Everyone,

So, looking over what parts I have for the G40 deck, most of the drive parts are missing, everything except parts #23 and #24(18 and 19 are brackets as well, don't need those either),, those 2 parts are on the tractor. Is there by chance, anyone that would have these parts available? G40 deck
View attachment 5851

View attachment 5852
This is just a correction,, it's a G44 NOT G40

#32 · (Edited)
Guys
If He could find one of those snap/fast adapter kits.
He could use a newer mower deck and do away with the older design
and I'm sure he would like it a lot better.
I have rebuilt mine before after years and years it had wore out about every part.
With the new style decks I haven't had as much of a problem, just a whole lot better design

Here is a link to a drawing this is for a Lo/Pro but you will see it can be done
http://casecoltingersoll.com/threads...hlight=adapter

#33 ·
Hmm, interesting that you can mount a newer styled deck onto the 195. Is all it needs, is the bracket under the frame that has the pins for the mule mount? Does the mule drive from the newer decks then fit?

This, might be an option if I can't find the parts for my G44.

Another question would be, if I got a complete mule drive and mower frame that attaches to the newer styled mowers,, could that, be mounted onto the G44 Deck? It would be easy to weld 2 rear attach brackets for the rear part of the frame,, I think, the 2 fronts ones on the G44 are in the correct location already,, but easily moved if required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.