Case 648-81 - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Case 648-81

Administrator
    Thanks
    Well guys, it was to good to last,

Seems like this guy is 90% gone and the deal is supposed to get completed in the morning.

He's also wrestling on, should he keep it, sell it, or do his own work. So, he's having second thoughts,,
    Last edited by Lionel; 01-23-2017 at 09:12 PM.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by www_ca View Post
    This is a 648, and that is the first one I have seen for sale in the past 3 years of watching closely. Provinces I've been watching are BC, Alta, and Sask,, and there isn't a loader that escaped my seeing it listed.
    First one that I've seen too. But I can only justify thorough searches when I'm actually in the position to buy so I probably miss a few here and there.

But did you see the Backhoe I bought on Kijiji. It was a 76 (ish) 646 BH listed in the Calgary area for 5800 pretty much two years ago. It was on for 2 weeks before I called, I didn't ask him to hold. I researched cases (I was on the fence on buying a SCUT (green one) after a case 210 BH slipped through my fingers a couple weeks before) and called a week later and went down and bought it (and he took less money)??????

Why and how. He failed himself with his add. He named the ad "Small tire hoe" had Case listed once in the description and a whole bunch of other wrong data. The only way I found it was after Backhoe, track hoe, loader, excavator (I just needed a backhoe for spring) I typed in hoe and that 2 week old add popped up. And that's how I got the Case bug. He would have sold it the first day if he had the ad right (and I would be in debt with a green thing). I did get my parts D-100 from a guy in Prince George. It was a little step but he delivered it to my driveway sooo, it worked out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to yetilikesbeer For This Useful Post:

Harry (01-24-2017)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Nope, definitely did not see that 646 BH you got. My typical search query is "case tractors" and most times that returns all of them, but, once in a while the owner lists it like yours and they don't show up. Those poor listings tend to sit around a bit longer then the should. Good for you to find it under a different query. I vaguely remember a D100 that was listed over around Prince George,, is that the one that had a bit of history with it and came out of the US or something like that? I think, I'd posted a thread on it, way back when. That 646BH you have, would that be the one you want to put PS into it?

Just an off the wall question, this ones in Gibbons, how far is that from you?
    Last edited by Lionel; 01-24-2017 at 07:19 AM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I live near Mayerthorpe. 45km North of Evansburg/Entwistle. So that would be 1.5 hrs to Gibbons if I stayed North of Edmonton.

Yes I lucked out with that 646. The D-100 I am not sure if it was listed there. I put a wanted add out in the Edmonton area looking for the trenching bucket and/or complete hoe for parts (mine has one non-original cylinder and would like to switch back, same length and bore just looks weird). The guy contacted me and asked what I would pay if he delivered it, we came to a deal and he dropped it off two weeks later. He is a scrap dealer and bought the entire Davis T-78 trencher and scrapped it, saved the hoe for parts.

PS yes -> unless I had a dedicated loader that had power steering already. The backhoe works alright as a loader, lifts over 800 lbs at the bucket lip (hoe counterweight !!), but the tail swing of that hoe can get you into trouble.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Well, for lack of better judgement, I decided I'd turn this tractor down

I spoke with him and I was going to go for it. He indicates that all it needed was a starter but from the pictures I've gotten from him, the PO removed the banana plate, the forward/reverse control lever and in it's place he put in a toggle switch. I assume it somehow controls something at the TCV electrically somehow. The midlift section is gone as well. The side motor tins aren't to be seen,, so given that it's sight unseen, and I'm getting the (don't do that message in my brain) I said no.

Seems like a decent young man that purchased it, to hopefully remount the starter and have it running,, but I think, he didn't quite realize what he was buying.

Yetilikesbeer, I've gone over some of your previous posts, and I do have suggestion for you, and the issues with your TCV, (from what I can see anyways).

I'll text you my phone number as I have a thought,, bad as it may seem,,,

Anyways, nothing that can't be replaced, if you can find the stuff but that stuff, is quite difficult to get a hold of and just adds further expense.

Site Supporter
    Thanks
    Oh good, you get that message in your brain too. I hear that little hoser's yammering too but more often than not I ignore it. I hate to admit it, but once in a while, ok, sometimes, the little turd was right. But when the little killjoy is wrong,,,, WOO HOO!
    Last edited by dundee222; 01-24-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    www_ca My PB TCV is fixed. Damaged relief seat. My oil needs a complete flush debris from the previous pumps keep taking out the next pump. I need to drain the backhoe!!!!

Thanks
    Well guys, it was to good to last,

Seems like this guy is 90% gone and the deal is supposed to get completed in the morning.

He's also wrestling on, should he keep it, sell it, or do his own work. So, he's having second thoughts,,
    So was that you or someone else?

Well, for lack of better judgement, I decided I'd turn this tractor down

I spoke with him and I was going to go for it. He indicates that all it needed was a starter but from the pictures I've gotten from him, the PO removed the banana plate, the forward/reverse control lever and in it's place he put in a toggle switch. I assume it somehow controls something at the TCV electrically somehow. The midlift section is gone as well. The side motor tins aren't to be seen,, so given that it's sight unseen, and I'm getting the (don't do that message in my brain) I said no.

Seems like a decent young man that purchased it, to hopefully remount the starter and have it running,, but I think, he didn't quite realize what he was buying.

Yetilikesbeer, I've gone over some of your previous posts, and I do have suggestion for you, and the issues with your TCV, (from what I can see anyways).

I'll text you my phone number as I have a thought,, bad as it may seem,,,

Anyways, nothing that can't be replaced, if you can find the stuff but that stuff, is quite difficult to get a hold of and just adds further expense.
    That was/is my concern. I'm a noob at this so I obviously don't know as much as others.

Anyway, long story short, I don't NEED this tractor, (want is a whole 'nother issue) and I really don't need another project. Unlike www_ca though, I have the ability to actually go and have a look at it and I may contact him to see if he has sold it or not and maybe go see it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Well, he had #2 guy interested that was going to look at it,, he was going to head up there after I spoke with this gentleman this morning. (Apparently a 4 hour drive for #2 on the list)

Should be roughly,, getting picked up about's now, providing nothing went off the rails.

Really for $1000, it's a good deal regardless, broken down this way at minimum,

TCV with PB port- $300
    Loader Valve $200
    PTO valve $200
    3pt hitch $400
    PS portion $250
    Loader cylinders all 3 (providing they are good) $400
    Rear Diff complete $100
    Front axle with wheels, complete $100
    Onan motor complete with exhaust $150
    What ever is left over, $100
    Total $2200,

Account for 25% I got my pricing wrong -$550

Net value, $1650 I

forgot to add value for the weight box and the steering wheel, oil cooler, so for sure it's worth

$1650 in canadian funds,,:)

Okay, so now I kick myself in the rear,,

Thanks
    Math sucks!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hofflarr For This Useful Post: