Tractor.com

Thread: Tractor.com

Administrator
    Thanks

Tractor.com

Everyone, this is a FYI and it does not require a response from other members.

Since the member called "Tractor.com" is posting onto the forum, I'd like to see an introduction from this member, otherwise he's posting what is called,
    spam. Interesting stuff, but still spam! Now, apparently, this member is also an individual that works on this board as an Admin Tech, as such, there is a discussion going on in the back ground about this.

I for one, think that if I wanted to know about farming,, I would join a different board then this current forum. There is absolutely nothing that he has posted that contributes any relative information pertaining to the type of tractors we have and use.

Electronic spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam),

Thanks
    Lionel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionel For This Useful Post:

jfk (04-11-2017)

3. # ADS

Thanks
    I am so beyond pissed at this guy. Sick of the stupid spamming articles that have nothing to do with this forum.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diesel1050 For This Useful Post:

CaseNoob (04-11-2017),jfk (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 930 Posts
    To be precise Tractor.com is part of the editorial group at Vertical Scope.
    We're told their job is to provide posts members find interesting.
    I agree with Lionel they missed their target with the commercial farming/equipment information.

We have asked them to direct their posts to topics of interest such as Case, Colt, Ingersoll Garden tractors, attachments, gardening and such.
    The admin has assured us many of the changes we asked for will be made, in addition CCI will be listed on his page or title.

A professional editorial team may be of benefit providing the topics posted pertain to our areas of interest.

We will be seeing more posts from Tractor.com hopefully with subject mater relating to the interests of our site.

Thank you.
    Jim
    Last edited by jfk; 04-11-2017 at 08:16 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:

CaseNoob (04-11-2017)

8. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Thanks
    Guys we'll see what they come out with, relative to our tractors. Given the way this came down and seeing the site Tractor.com is a heavy commercialized site, designed to link you over to retailers of equipment, (I assume they get paid by the "hits", to the sites of the retailers) it was poorly thought out and poorly implemented. I'll be over the moon if we see 10% anything of interest relative to our tractors, given the way the implementation went, links will probably link you to competitors site, (like green guys) after all, to the folks that don't really know, is there really a difference between a power red, green, orange, desert sunset, or a blue one.

I'm looking forward to the next post, with a link to the "next article" that was all there in the first post anyways. It's like getting a newspaper front page with 5 articles on that page, and then a daily new post, to article 1 of that front page, and the next day, a new post to the next, article 2, from that same first, original front page. The amazing thing with that is, someone actually gets paid to do just that.

Anyways, this is one of those spam bot posts that aren't going to go away in the near future.

Lastly, I don't see the rate this thread button getting used at all. It's at the top of each thread, where it says "rate this thread",, Perhaps we should have members start using this button to let them know if the thread is of interest, or a waste of someones time. I'm sure over time with feedback something will change.

Lionel

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lionel For This Useful Post:

bhood (04-13-2017),CaseNoob (04-12-2017),dbeiter (04-13-2017),jfk (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,187 Posts
    WHY
    This is the new and improved site, right.
    It's not the 3 amigo's site anymore, those guys had there hearts and minds in every thread.
    It was greed that broke them up and now we have a giant money making company running the show.
    They don't have to do anything they don't want to do, so we have to deal with threads like this one.
    I will probably get my ears slapped for my reply to this thread, but I want the best SITE we can be here at CCI.
    IF that means we deal with people like this well each Mod or Member has to get with the program or not.

bigman

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigman For This Useful Post:

bhood (04-13-2017),dbeiter (04-13-2017),jfk (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 930 Posts
    As a moderator we have been putting more time behind the scenes than interacting with the members.
    which I'm not thrilled about, but I will give the admin a chance to rectify the current issue.

I agree this situation does not change we each have a decision to make after all VS owns the site our options are limited.

I hope it does not come to that, but not optimistic!

We have worked hard to make CCI the best site of it's kind, anything less is unacceptable.

Jim
    Last edited by jfk; 04-12-2017 at 12:02 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:

bhood (04-13-2017),bigman (04-12-2017),dbeiter (04-13-2017),Eugene Slagell (04-12-2017),lcw62 (04-13-2017)