New guy needs advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Master Mechanic
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Hey all,
    Just getting back to thinking of pulling the pump. Something occurred to me. When I rebuilt the tandem pump HD25AA2A14A the second time I bought a nos H25AA2A off ebay for the front pump cover and parts. I can't remember If I set it up for clockwise or counter clock wise rotation. I am guessing if this is backwards it would be causing all my grief???? I will be back when I pull the pump and take pictures. for the hydraulic fluid I use 20w-50. Does anyone have a trick to remove the pump without causing another oil slick in my driveway? Also Does anyone know how to set up this pump for proper rotation?

thanks
    I don't think the wrong rotation could be the issue. If installed correctly it will pump oil, if not, it just won't pump, not bind up or anything.

IMO, the first step should be to remove any question of engine vs hydraulic issues. You could either unhook the Lovejoy or disconnect the pump's discharge hose at the pump or the first connection after (travel valve?). If the engine cranks easier, examine the hyd routing.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Frankie:

In post #9 you said:

the entire backhoe is currently looped out

Describe exactly how you "looped" the backhoe system out.

Thanks
    Hi all,
    First let me apologize for out of order and confusing posts. I tried to let everyone know that I have memory damage as well as other issues. Secondly yesterday I separated the pump at the love joy connection. Then it happened...... It started up!!!!! I still have some fine tuning to do but yippeeee she runs!!!! Next up some pictures for you guys. That is if I can figure out how to post them?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Thanks
    one of the pictures I posted should show how the backhoe is looped out.

Thanks
    If it's the last one, it looks like you used a check valve for a union.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Glad you got that figured out, that had to make your day for sure.
    Like the Bird too, lots of cool projects.

bigman

Thanks
    To Kenc,

Isn't the pump seal with the tiny hole supposed to be installed only one way depending if you need clockwise or counterclockwise rotation? I am just about to disconnect the pump lines to open it up to check it. But if you don't think I need to then that would save me a big mess. Secondly all the hydraulic components on the rear fender are the exact way I bought and used it for years. If there is a way to simplify it eventually that would be great. I will wait on an answer on the pump before I go any further.

Thanks
    ING6018 first I just realized I never mentioned my backhoe is a quick-way model that was on the 6018 when I bought it. After re reading my posts I see what you mean about contradicting information, sorry that is part of my disability issue trying to explain what I really need to say is a challenge for me sometimes. Let me start before I had any failures. The tractor ran and drove and operated pretty well. Only issues were worn out pivot pins, and leaky hydraulics. I drove the fully functioning tractor into my driveway to repair a leaky backhoe cylinder, bad/seized pivot pins, damaged lines, and to weld some broken backhoe to tractor mounts. Now since the backhoe lines are different lengths and I replaced them one at a time I am confident I did not screw up anything there. Only question is how I looped out backhoe? So the backhoe had lines replaced, one cylinder repacked, worn pivot pins replaced, and welding done for broken pivot pin mounting sections. Now I did also repack the loader lift cylinder and did replace both cylinder lines as well. I can't remember if I did the loader cylinder before of after I tried to start the engine but I think I did all the hydraulic repairs at once and all I had left was to re weld the broken backhoe to tractor mounting points. At this point I tried to start the tractor and did with a lot of difficulty. It ran absolutely horrible and while trying to get it to smooth out that is when the pump blew for the first time. oil was gushing out of the shaft seal on the large pump section. At this time the engine was really dragging when I turned it over when I was trying to start the motor. I shut the motor right down as soon as I saw the gulf oil spill. This is when I pulled the pump for the first time.

Thanks
    ssmewing,
    I don't understand your post? The last one??? and a check valve?? I didn't change anything there just disconnected and looped together the two backhoe lines??? So you see something wrong there? Can you try to explain that to me again? thanks