Case 226 Clutch Manual ?
    Thanks

Case 226 Clutch Manual ?

Hello everyone,
    I haven't been on the Forum for a while ( work & home duties have been keeping me pretty busy ). I hope all is well. I had a guy stop by my house, He seen my Case 220 in the yard and asked where he could buy parts for his newly bought Case 226 ( 16 HP Onan ). I hooked him up with parts suppliers, so that's covered as well as joining the forum. He is having problems with his pto clutch. I have all the manuals for the EZ- adjust clutch but none of them say they are for the case 226. Maybe I am missing something. Could someone please tell me which manual to use for the Case 226 with the 16 HP onan engine. I want to help this gentleman out the best I can. Thank you, Jimmie.

2. # ADS

Senior Member myerslawnandgarden's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hello Jimmie,

All of the 226 tractors were equipped with the EZ adjust clutch so the manuals that you have should be correct. FYI, the publication number for the ez adjust service manual should be 9-51083. We do stock them if you would like a hard copy:

http://www.casegardentractorparts.com/9ezadptoclse.html

Bob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to myerslawnandgarden For This Useful Post:

ndakotaslim2012 (06-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Bob,
    I purchased service manual 9-51083 from you quite a few years back. It has come in very handy. I gave the gentleman who stopped by for part suppliers your website information. I will let him know about purchasing an EZ-Adjust clutch manual from you. He will need a locknut for the fan for sure. I think he was trying to tighten up the clutch assembly with that nut, It looked a little stripped. We talked for an hour and a half, I believe he's on the right track now. He wants to try and do it himself.
    Thanks again, Jimmie.