I have a new tool.
    Thanks

I have a new tool.

Having to replace many hydraulic hoses and worm clamps, I have a drawer full, I had been using t-bolt clamps. T-bolt clamps are nice except when they are $5-6 and they have such a small range of use. It really stinks when they are $5-6 and you pretty much have to order one size bigger and smaller to be sure you get the right size.

That is a challenge. The price can be high, but I did finally find a reasonable price.

It was while I was out and about in the world of clamps I discovered the Oetiker clamps. They are working out very nice. I also bought the pliers that both side clamp and end clamp.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Oetiker-2800-...ywords=Oetiker

They are able to really lock down a hose. That and 50 packs are not that much money. The only thing is you have to order sizes sometimes on both sides of what you think you will need. My goal is to have the clamp slide on the hose, but not past the hose bib. Hoses do vary of course. So, starting out it took a few orders.

On stuff like suction hoses or even connections where the hose barb is long I double clamp.

You do have to plan out your connection order. I actually used some of these clamps on a 4018 PS. That took some planning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ssmewing For This Useful Post:

LilysDad (06-19-2017)

3. # ADS

Thanks
    Steve these are great clamps and are what GM uses on our air hoses, however trying to remove them in tight quarters can be a pita.

Thanks
    I actually was first exposed to them in the days when I had a home fountain pop and beer system. I had friends in the business and my place was the hangout.

That reminds me, I miss whiskey sours.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    That's a great deal for a shop. For a homeowner with a few hoses, maybe not so much