Quantcast
From Eastman
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Eastman

Thanks

From Eastman

Effective March 25th, 2013, Ingersoll Tractor Company and Central Power Distributors of Wisconsin have entered into a new partnership for parts distributions. Ingersoll Tractor Company, in Maine, has been manufacturing Ingersoll tractors since 2005. The change in parts distribution will allow Ingersoll to focus on future production of garden tractors. Going forward, Ingersoll will continue to support dealers with new tractor and attachment production.
    Central Power has carried Ingersoll parts since 1997 and has a knowledgeable staff to assist customers with the Ingersoll product. Going forward, service parts will be fulfilled by Central Power out of Wisconsin.
    Dealers will be contacted regarding information on phone numbers for specific inquiries and websites to assist with parts lookup.
    During the transition, there will be a window of time while many parts are being transferred between facilities. Every effort will be put forward to having parts available to ship as soon as possible. Central Power’s goals are to achieve a high fill rate and to ship all orders the same day received.
    We realize how valuable our Ingersoll customers have been to our business, so our efforts are to ensure we can design, manufacture and deliver new and improved products without sacrificing parts delivery to our current customer base.
    http://www.cpdonline.com/

https://www.facebook.com/IngersollTractors

Thanks

Re: From Eastman

I was just about to post this. If any of you are on Facebook it looks like that is where they made the announcement.

Site Founder
    Thanks

It will be interesting to see how many hits that notice receives.

So... what does this mean for Rottman's and O'Neil? Maybe I'm wrong but to me this indicates all the eggs are going into one basket. The wording implies that it's all over for those two companies thanks to the wording "there will be a window of time while many parts are being transferred between facilities." It's one thing to talk about focusing on future production of garden tractors and something else again to find buyers for them in an ever-shrinking market. I also wonder about these "websites to assist with parts lookup". When will those become available and will only the dealers be able to access them? Somehow, I do not envision Central's employees working up much of a sweat to fill parts orders.

Lastly, there is this statement. "our efforts are to ensure we can design, manufacture and deliver new and improved products " I am truly baffled by those words. The only person who may still be in Eastman's employ capable of design is the elderly John Marto who works out of his home in Wisconsin. How will a prototype get built when there doesn't seem to be anyone at the plant to make the parts and assemble a new tractor? And even if a brand new tractor did get built, where will the millions of dollars needed to launch that machine come from? While I agree that this announcement should be good news, the reality of the situation does not match the rhetoric.

Thanks

According to there Facebook page they have a production line with new tractors on it.
    But, for all I know the picture is 10 years old

Thanks

They're not even making new tractors right now.

You could stop 100 people on the streets of Portland (where they're made), and I bet not even one of them would have even heard of the company or know where it's located.

Site Founder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John@Reliable
    According to there Facebook page they have a production line with new tractors on it.
    But, for all I know the picture is 10 years old
    That Facebook photo bears the date 2007 which is at least 5 plus years ago. Make a trip to the plant. First of all, you have to look very hard to even find the plant. Yes, the building is there but if you are expecting to see a large sign out front that says "Eastman Industries - Home of the Ingersoll Tractor", you will be greatly disappointed. Once you finally find the entrance door and get inside, let me know if you can see any tractors being built.

Thanks

Not another eastman thread Seriously though, i think we all know where this ones heading

Site Founder
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casey448
    Not another eastman thread Seriously though, i think we all know where this ones heading

It's all Brendon's fault. He started it.

Thanks

My guess is that they sold the remaining parts inventory to Central.

Does anyone else hear a rather chubby woman warming up her voice?

Thanks

Quit crying into your beers