Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Question Flow controll and Snow blower

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  martymehring@comcast.net 
#1 ·
I have a 446* that I used last year with a 48 in snow blower and it would scrape down to the cement when snow blowing. I let the snow blower go with the 444 that I sold in the fall. I purchase a 446 with a snowblower on it, but the engine was bad, but the blower was solid except for scraper blade, which we replaced. I use it on the 446 but it doesn't seem scrape as clean. The only thing that was add to the 446* was a flow control for tilling, and a 3point hitch. Is this the reason it isn't scraping the cement clean? Would putting a selector valve on it make a difference? I have adjusted the skid plates and i believe that they are correct. Note you can tell when I lower the blower it's solid on the ground you can see it lift up a little if this makes sense.

Any help or suggestion appreciated.

gean444

#2 ·
Front tire pressure? Higher pressure would probably make the angle of attack a bit more steep. Lower pressure would make that angle a bit lower and maybe get under the ice/snow easier? Since you replaced the blade it may not be worn in yet and that might make a difference.

Bill Moyer

#3 ·
Tire pressure for sure should be set before you set the skid shoes.

For skid shoe setting, I place a thin washer under each end of the snowblower edge blade, then let it rest down. Maybe 1/32" to 1/16" thick washer.

Then I set the skid shoes down flat to the ground and tighten them up.

This yields a good clean clearing for me, without the full scraper blade controlling the height.

I don't imagine any other issues ... but surely nothing to do with the flow control valve and selector valve would not matter to this.

Brian

#4 ·
If there is no selector valve and the mid lift and 3 point tee'd together, then the 2 cylinders would try to equalize and reduce down pressure when you drop the caster. You lower the caster to the ground and start to go. But the 3 point that's tee'd in didn't have weight on it when you lowered the caster so it will creep up and the casters down pressure has now been reduced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.