Maintenance, repair, upgrades and proven maintenance practices to be discussed [Archive] - Case Colt Ingersoll Lawn and Garden Tractor Forum

View Full Version : Maintenance, repair, upgrades and proven maintenance practices to be discussed

Bob MacGregor
05-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Hi folks,
I'm in the process of gathering all my Case/Ingersoll printed info and pics and organizing this info. I have a lot of 'stuff' and it will take me a while to organize and post here in Mac's Corner.
I'll be back!!!:geek:

Bob MacGregor
05-12-2020, 09:17 AM
I personally have a much modified 1989 4018 that I re-powered with an 18 Vanguard years back. I also have two Odyssey tractors, one was re-powered with a 16 Vanguard and needed a lot of repairs which have been done. This tractor is out on loan to a friend who was in need of a garden tractor at his new home. The other Odyssey was a low time unit which I installed a rear PTO and a HVFB Hydrabagger onto. Odysseys have an ORM44 mower deck on them. These decks are RM44s, but painted dark grey. This tractor is on loan to my older son. Some of us call these tractors Ingersoll stepchildren!!:shhh:
I also have a 1998 6018L that originally came to me as a repair job. This tractor had been abused and needed a lot of time and money put into it to bring it back to life. The owner meanwhile had purchased another 6018L and a 7020LBH. We came to an agreement about this 6018L and I now own it. I have done a lot of work and replaced a lot of parts on this tractor and it is now back into service hopefully for a long time!:mechanic:
Now that I have a loader tractor, I have many projects for it!!:geek: