My 1986 Case/Ingersoll 446 Restoration - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: My 1986 Case/Ingersoll 446 Restoration

Great job on the tractor and on posting your progress. One of my favorite things is to see restored tractors. I understand the amount of work that goes into it. I can't wait to see the finished tractor with the decals installed on the hood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Well, I got the hood decals on over the weekend. Tried mowing but got rained on, then cleared so thought I'd take a few pictures instead.

I was able to get the grille pretty straight -

The reproduced decals turned out great -

Thanks

Very nice!
    You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Super Moderator InTroubleAlltheTime's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,286 Posts

DR Awesome job! Looks great! The decals really finish off the job.
    And you were able to obtain the correct decals for 1986.
    Best Regards, Rich

Thanks

Thanks, guys.

Rich, yes I was finally able to get the correct decals for the '86. Sure took awhile! To help protect them, I added a couple of layers of reflective metal foil tape on the inside surfaces of the hood. Mostly in the areas around the exhaust headers and mufflers. Really made a difference (I think)!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drhulv
    Thanks, guys.

Rich, yes I was finally able to get the correct decals for the '86. Sure took awhile! To help protect them, I added a couple of layers of reflective metal foil tape on the inside surfaces of the hood. Mostly in the areas around the exhaust headers and mufflers. Really made a difference (I think)!
    I'm sure you will be happy with the results. I did that on our 448 and have not had any problems for 10 years or so.

Thanks
    Guys I’m in Dr’s position only it’s 2021! Seems like this thread fizzled out, none of the photos seem to be posted any more?
    I have a ‘76 I just did a de-carbon job on, rewired, and am running for the winter to plow the driveway. Gave up on the snowcaster that came with the 76 after it threw the chain 3 times.
    Then this 1987 ingersoll came into my fold on a deal I couldn’t refuse. With the utmost confidence I plowed into tearing it down. One thing after another seem to have been put back together with a cotter pin or sheet metal screw into aluminum. I’m on my mobile right now, is there a right way to start a thread back up and get the old photos back for a guy that has interest in the people who came before him and have already been through the pain?

Thanks
    Here’s Cain and Able
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,103 Posts
    MKE,

I’m not sure we can restore the older photos in this thread but you seem to have questions about how to reassemble your ‘87 446. Case/Ingersoll never published directions on how to disassemble and reassemble an entire tractor however there are a few detailed threads here in the Restorations sub-forum that could help guide you. I recommend looking at the rebuild threads by members Lionel, Dundee222, Dbeiter and others as they have provided us with some great threads about their restorations to include 446’s.

I have completely rebuilt 7 Case tractors (6 400 series, one 200 series) and I refer to the parts manual as a guide on how the machine should be assembled. Admittedly, the parts manual will give you the guidance for about 90% of a rebuild however, there are a few items that need to be reassembled in a specific sequence. For example, a new dash decal must be applied before you mount the control levers and steering wheel and the steering shaft must be installed before the attachment lift rocker arm. I’m sure there are others.

I recommend you start a new thread in the Restorations section so the members here can assist and view your progress. Best wishes, Tim

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,095 Posts
    Quite often, the problem with pictures not showing up is because the member used a 3rd party to host the pictures. Consequently, if something happens with the 3rd party, pictures are no longer available.

If pictures are uploaded using the site feature on uploading pictures, those will always remain.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionel For This Useful Post:

Harry (01-08-2021)