Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Picture Uploading needs tweeking and bigger emoticons?

10K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Lionel 
#1 ·
Hey Kev, just a suggestion.The need to upload photos 1 at a time is very clunky.I am on several Vbulletin powered sites and you can put as many as 7 photos at a time in a queue before uploading them all at once.Just seems a lot cleaner and faster to me.Also, can the emoticons be made bigger for us sight challenged older members?:roll:Overall the new site is really, really excellent:thumbup:

#2 ·
Make sure you are not using the basic uploader - use the advanced version - look under your PROFILE settings

Hold down the CTRL key while you select files in the picker window and you can select as many as you like...
You can also click on Select Files multiple times if the files are in different folders on the computer...

#12 · (Edited)
I'm guessing your taking pictures with a cell phone? My pictures always turn out correctly using my Iphone,, but, when I take a picture using my I phone, I have to rotate my phone, 90 degrees, counter clockwise,, (In other words to the wide view).

So, try it out, hold your phone towards one side,, and then the other, when it uploads correctly, you now will know which way to hold your phone for picture taking, when you upload on here.

Lionel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

#14 ·
When I upload pictures from my cell phone, because I don't connect my cell phone to computer, I typically email myself the pics I want to save on my computer. (Yes, I download them and file them onto my computer, :) From there, when I post them, I use the insert picture whiles editing my post. When making a post, there is a small menu available just above the area I'm typing at, 3rd icon from the right and I insert with that little Icon. It takes a second to upload, and before posting, if you double click on the image you just uploaded, a new little pop up menu comes up,, and with that menu, you can select the size of the image you'd like to show.

When members post a link, say to an add that has pictures, to bring that image over, I click on the add to open up the pictures I want to look at, and then I just cut and paste that image, onto the posts on here.

In my humble opinion, the absolute worse way of uploading an image to our site is posting a link to photo bucket (as an example). I find photo bucket to be slow, cumbersome, infested with junk pop ups, viruses, and lastly,, when the owner breaks the link, the pictures are no longer available. So, I don't know about everyone else, but for me, reading a post that has an image with it, really helps in understanding, without the image at times,, the original post is hardly worth the value of the post, specially when it makes mention of the image.

Hope this helps,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.