Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1987 448 mower compatability: M48/RM60

Tags
448 m48 mower rm60
4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  brdfrd 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if an RM60 will fit/work on a 448? I know the "what fits" chart indicates it's for the later 4000 series tractors, but at a glance it looks like mounting points are the same. The issue is, the M48 is left discharge, which I didn't think anything about when I bought the tractor--I didn't realize how much I'm accustomed to gauging tight proximity to obstacles on the left, versus the right. Plus, I tow an off-set 60" auxiliary mower with a right discharge--so doubled up w/right discharge (towing offset to the left), each mower only throws what it has cut, which spreads cuttings more evenly.

There is an RM60 for sale on CL for $250 which looks like it might solve my problems. Except of course, the hydraulic trac vac which which is offset for use with the left discharge.

Thanks in advance, Brad

#7 ·
L48, M48 decks are LH 60" decks. there were some earlier ones but don't remember what letters they were. Some of the earlier ones will not mount up to some 446, 448's without the template to drill the holes in the bracket. After that it isn't a bad deal.

Bill

#8 ·
Thanks folks--I have the m48, width is fine, but I'd prefer a right discharge over the left. It makes mowing a bit slower and more troublesome, which sort of works against my original reasoning for getting the 448 in the first place. I can actually get my place mowed quicker with my Cub 1712 Hydro w/44" deck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.