Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Vintage Garden Tractor Show Sugar Creek, Ohio

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  dbeiter 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have stopped in Sugar Creek several times in recent years but always in August when I take a railfan trip with fellow trainiacs when we stop at The Age Of Steam Roundhouse.
Sugar Creek is a neat town and I have thought that I would get there to the tractor thing some time, but April into June has always been a busy time for me and getting away for any length of time is difficult.
Neat town, I have thought that if I ever moved from Taxonnecticut or Calinnecticut as it is turning out to be, Sugar Creek, OH would be high on my list of places to move to.

#4 ·
:hijack: BOB
If you moved to Sugar Creek you and Dave would be Nabors.:drinkbuddies:
OHIO has a lot of cool city names, but I don't think there's a HELL City or Town, Like Michigan has
Wouldn't you be proud to tell all your friends and your family you moved to Hell, NOT ME:speechless:
I cant understand why the state let them call there town that, well I guess it's a free county.:oops: :usa2:
I have a lot of Family on my Dads side that live in the Buckeye State like Marion, Ridgeway Columbus, and my favorite Mt. Victory. :thumbup: [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

bigman:usa2: It's always fun when the Buckeyes play those darn wolverines < not a fan of:deadhorse:

#9 ·
Lanny, did you make it down?? I screwed up and did not go..... I got up at 6:00 ready to leave and took a gander at the weather... it showed rain there by 9:30.. so I decided to let the kids sleep and unloaded the tractors.. Then the day turned out beautiful!!! Did not rain here in Central Ohio until 4:30ish... of well, I hope Case was represented!!

Dave

#10 ·
It was a beautiful day! 80 degrees at one point. I guess it depends on how technical you want to get on the Case tractor representation. I took my hi-wheel diesel transplant (446 with a Kubota D-640) and a 448 with hood scoop. There was a beautifully restored 444. There were two older models, 1978 222 and a 1969 or 1970 220 on trailers for sale. There was a very handsomely crafted John Deere, 4 wheel drive articulated tractor that used the Case hy-drive axles.

The swap meet sales were brisk and appears that many "treasures" were found. I even found a pair of lift arms and third link for my cat-0 Case three point hitch. I had everything but the lift arms. Yea, set complete!

There were some high puffy clouds most of the afternoon still with plenty of sun. A fairly brisk breeze prevailed from the west carrying with it the odorous scent of a recent liquid manure application on the western fields. All in all a great day for tractors, but probably a few cuss words for the weather forecasters that may have convinced some others to stay home.

#11 ·
Yes, I did make it, we were there from about 9:30 till 11:30. As Mike said, about a half dozen Case/Ingersoll's there. Mike, I saw you driving around on the diesel, I should have introduced myself. I think the forecast scared some away but it turned out to be a nice day! There were some buys in the swap meet area, unfortunately I was limited on space in our vehicle so I didn't buy anything this year.

Lanny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.