Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

how do you edit an existing post...post title?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  InTroubleAlltheTime 
#1 ·
how do I edit the contents of a post.

#3 ·
There is a time limit for editing once you post. I think it’s about 30 min from the time of the post being made. After that no editing is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Capt. Dan
#4 · (Edited)
Note that if you want to edit the Title/Header too you also have to hit Advanced "Go Advanced" (within the "site" automatic time limit). If the time has passed to edit and a member has something in a post that they would like edited you can contact a Mod and we can help, especially duplicate posts or if you have made an error on info. Sometimes we carefully clean up posts in threads, enlarge pics, fix/add pics/info especially the classifieds. No problem for any member to ask for help, glad you asked the question.

:usa:

Rich

#5 ·
ok, well I dont see any options under thread tools or advanced to modify the title or contents.

I have a forsale post and wanted to lowered the price...change the title to reflect that as well as update the contents to reflect what was being offered for the new price.

#7 ·
Send me details by PM what you would like to do and I will work on it. Thank you. Rich
ok, well I dont see any options under thread tools or advanced to modify the title or contents.

I have a forsale post and wanted to lowered the price...change the title to reflect that as well as update the contents to reflect what was being offered for the new price.

#6 ·
Members have a day to edit the contents of a post. A thread title may only be edited within 5 minutes. Any edits that need to be done outside of these time windows would need to be done by a mod or admin. If you want something changed, send a site mod or admin a PM specifying the post and what you'd like changed.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Cheers,
Erik

#8 ·
On my post I want to delete one of my posts and the original one I want to change the price, is their no way to do that? Or how do I just delete the posts entirely and repost on the classifieds? I can't believe people can't edit their ads or delete them if sold. thanks.

#9 · (Edited)
Nar: If you are advertising a Tractor or item you must post in the Buy/SellTrade/Wanted Bulletin area of the site. Another Mod moved your post from the Classifieds to the Buy/SellTrade/Wanted Bulletin. You can't edit posts in the Classifieds. This area is for members to post tractors and other items they find on Craig's List etc. But you as a member can edit posts in Buy/SellTrade/Wanted Bulletin. Sound good? Let us know if you need any more help.
:usa:
Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.