Rat Rod snow blower, sorta - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    WOW! What a summer so far. I got to CA and could not do much everything was shut down stayed with sister in-law for a few weeks helping, then come straight home.
    I am back to thinking on this again, had to reread most of this. LOL Old age i guess. I just ordered the motor and coupling, and will be taking the blower apart for new sprockets and bearings motor mount when it gets here. ...........Curt

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Hard to believe 2 days and motor come today, LOL It is big also, so now will get at it some, after camping. Probably not much till after Labor day...........Curt

Thanks
    Can you post picture?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogeek View Post
    Can you post picture?
    Sent in email.............Curt

Thanks
    curt motor.jpg

It came with coupling and can of coke?
    Yep, that's the motor. That port in the middle of the back is the drain. It has to go directly to the tank line. It can be low pressure, even a push on air hose if it terminates near reservoir.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogeek View Post
    curt motor.jpg

It came with coupling and can of coke?
    Yep, that's the motor. That port in the middle of the back is the drain. It has to go directly to the tank line. It can be low pressure, even a push on air hose if it terminates near reservoir.
    Thanks didn't know that, Coke was just for size, now gone, drank the hole thing...........Curt

Thanks
    If its a dedicated snow blowing tractor:

• No need for 3PH. 3PH were designed to allow easy connection to multible implements. I would just use two straight bars to the axle ears and save the 3PH for another tractor.
    • No need for hydraulic blower drive. Hydraulics shine in concentrating power where ever you need it, making it convenient to snap on and off a hydraulic mower deck, blower or FEL; but there is an efficiency costs. As a dedicated blower tractor though, you could mount engine directly on blower with short drive connection and belt drive the tractor drive pump (on engine like a PS pump), for maximum power transfer.

I feel like a Dumb Dumb, reread this and seemed to go right over my head at the time. Was out back looking and seen the blower setting there with half the drive shaft sticking out, would of been simple to run a jack shaft to it. Oh well as life goes, have most of the parts now so will continue with the hydraulic drive.......Curt
    Last edited by curtisfox; 08-26-2020 at 10:02 PM. Reason: forgot attachment

Thanks
    Well changed my mind, I sent all the hydro stuff back, and decided to go with direct power with the drive shaft. I am on the hunt for a 1: 15 spline Bolens PTO shaft, see what I can find local, then off to eBay. ........Curt

Thanks
    Had to go to eBay to get one, they say it should be here on Thursday. Will have to cut and weld on extended shaft for longer to go back to the motor..........Curt