Paint matching - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paint matching

Super Moderator InTroubleAlltheTime's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,229 Posts
    That's odd they didn't have it. I have bought both rattle cans and the Irongard Gallons several times from Case International dealers. I use the rattle can for small stuff like wheel weights. So the Case International dealers are a different animal in terms of parts for our tractors. You can get the parts you need from the dealers on the Forum. Going forward I would recommend that you add your location to your profile. It's a good thing for members to know when they are helping out. Rich

Quote Originally Posted by 73case View Post
    Ok I called my local caseih dealer they said they can’t get it in fact they can not get any thing for it, so I got the paint from tractorpartsasap.com (All States Ag Parts) for $135 with primer.
    Last edited by InTroubleAlltheTime; 06-05-2020 at 07:33 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InTroubleAlltheTime For This Useful Post:

Harry (06-06-2020),Lionel (06-06-2020),tss8690 (06-06-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Ok thanks I will post pictures of it when I get it done but right now I’m in the process of getting the wheels done so we’ll see how it turns out!!🧐

Thanks
    c6461.jpgc6462.jpg Did a cleanup and sanded down the multi-coloured loader. 2 coats of Case ironguard "Power Tan", only used 2 and 1/2 rattle cans. Will do a real resto one day, but I need this tractor out working so looks a little better than it was. Have to paint the bucket and the front rims yet and finish off the decals. Also have to figure out where to put the battery as it is currently in a real awkward spot, not quite enough height under the hood with the big Briggs in there unless I can find a real low profile battery

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhood For This Useful Post:

CobyDog$10 (06-10-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhood View Post
    c6461.jpgc6462.jpg Did a cleanup and sanded down the multi-coloured loader. 2 coats of Case ironguard "Power Tan", only used 2 and 1/2 rattle cans. Will do a real resto one day, but I need this tractor out working so looks a little better than it was. Have to paint the bucket and the front rims yet and finish off the decals. Also have to figure out where to put the battery as it is currently in a real awkward spot, not quite enough height under the hood with the big Briggs in there unless I can find a real low profile battery
    See this link if BIG money for a small battery is not a problem They can dump a lot of power quick, but not a lot of reserve. So I would think you need an engine that starts on just a few cranks

https://casecoltingersoll.com/showth...hium+batteries

Gordy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordy For This Useful Post:

bhood (06-12-2020)

Thanks
    Desert Sand and power yellow.. one of these came on the mid 70s 444? Which one??

BTW great info in this thread. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Dan444; 06-11-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbadman View Post
    "Power Red" came to J.I. Case in 1975 when the David Brown acquisition in late 1971 was branded in that color along with Power White, to complete a full tractor line.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbadman View Post
    Ok, I remember this now about the Flambeau paint fade complaint....I worked for Case 1973-75. The upgraded red was indeed used onwards in the 70's series ag's. and LGTs. When DB and Case merged their lines in paint color that was 75, and the upgraded red become more popularly known as power red, and desert sun was gone, to be replaced by power white.
    Power red is always power red when it's Case. The McCormick red a significantly redder shade. A few years back I found the Lobster Red Rustoleum at Lowes, only to be dropped but still avail online. I see you mentioned it in a previous thread. Chevy Orange also a close match. Its all according to the eye one is pleasing. Personally, nothing matches Power red exactly except power red. But to the user unbeknown to the story, any of the close matches work.
    Well don’t know if this will help you but I’m painting my 1973 220 flambeau red and Desert sand yellow, still in process!!
    Last edited by 73case; 06-11-2020 at 10:38 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 73case For This Useful Post:

jbadman (06-12-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 700 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 73case View Post
    Well don’t know if this will help you but I’m painting my 1973 220 flambeau red and Desert sand yellow, still in process!!
    It's all good! Have at it! Pictures when you're done?

PS.....The red controversy even exists on the big ag tractors....see this link to Yesterday's Tractors for some opinions...

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/c...case&th=163786
    Last edited by jbadman; 06-12-2020 at 06:48 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jbadman For This Useful Post:

InTroubleAlltheTime (06-13-2020)

Thanks
    Just called my local Case dealer and they have the paints in stock. But... rattle can of power red is 14.00 . I’m going to touch up my engine mounts before going back on. I’m afraid if I do, the tractor will need an entire paint job.

I checked out my tractor in the sun today and it has to be desert sand yellow on there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 700 Posts
    I keep looking for the exact production release of power red and discontinuance of flambeau red, with no luck.
    However, here is another color chart if anyone needs it.
    It still looks like the J.I.Case tractorwide effect date is 1974....
    This chart gives you the codes to match old shades using paint jobbers

http://jicasecollector.com/paint-codes.html

Thanks
    Did a bit of touch up today. Check out the attached. You guys think the paint matches??
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan444 For This Useful Post:

InTroubleAlltheTime (06-13-2020),jbadman (06-13-2020)