Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1973 case 220 restoration

16K views 57 replies 11 participants last post by  73case 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, I’m going to it painted so if anyone could tell, show me what color goes where please. I will post pictures of the process!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Definitely following this thread with interest. I'm headed the same way you are with my 444. I'm curious how you are going to prep and prime and deal with any rust, use hardener. Looking forward to your updates.
Well my brother has a sand blaster and paint gun and I do a lot of sand blasting for him so if that answer your rust question. And also I have a question about my hydraulic spool, is this a double or single spool? To me it looks like it could be converted to double so it would be?hydraulic lift.

Attachments

#13 ·
These questions are very difficult for most to answer as so much is subjective based on you, the owner. Some value originality, others value function. Budget, parts cost/availability and skills to accomplish your goal are also variables.

For example if you aim for a period correct show tractor, then the hood is incorrect and will stand out.

Whatever your goal, have fun and do what you like.

#14 · (Edited)
For myself, Desert Sunset is a very nice color. Bleached out, after 40 years or so, it really doesn't show it's true color anymore. Desert sunset, would typically go on, only the hood and the fenders. Everything else is power red.

Desert Sunset is a very difficult color to color match to anything else. I wasn't successful with any of that.

The Power Red is easier though, and I used to get my paint from Lordco for that color.

Attached are 2 colors and codes.
The top color, is power red from later years. Grand prix red. I've had them mix me some of this, and stick it into a spray can. Their spray cans painted a straight line up/down, 8" or so in band, whereas the cheaper stuff, paints a circle and it's difficult to get a truly nice paint job with that.

The lower color, is Jacobson Red, and would typically find itself on the earlier case tractors,, like the Case 195 years.

Desert Sunset, can only be purchased from a Case distributor.

Receipt Font Material property Magenta Rectangle

#19 ·
For myself, Desert Sunset is a very nice color. Bleached out, after 40 years or so, it really doesn't show it's true color anymore. Desert sunset, would typically go on, only the hood and the fenders. Everything else is power red.

Desert Sunset is a very difficult color to color match to anything else. I wasn't successful with any of that.

The Power Red is easier though, and I used to get my paint from Lordco for that color.

Attached are 2 colors and codes.
The top color, is power red from later years. Grand prix red. I've had them mix me some of this, and stick it into a spray can. Their spray cans painted a straight line up/down, 8" or so in band, whereas the cheaper stuff, paints a circle and it's difficult to get a truly nice paint job with that.

The lower color, is Jacobson Red, and would typically find itself on the earlier case tractors,, like the Case 195 years.

Desert Sunset, can only be purchased from a Case distributor.

View attachment 114919
Sorry, I was re-reading my prior post, where I said, hood and fenders are desert sunset. Nobody corrected me, but it is somewhat incorrect. Specifically to desert sunset,
It it the hood, the fenders, the two seat supports, (front and back) seat hinge assembly, tool tray, and the fuel tank/straps.

#17 · (Edited)
They would be what we call the Speaker 777s. It's an entire assembly, receptacle, gasket, lens. Not sure if you have any of the assembly. The older ones had glass lenses, the newer ones are plastic. The dealers should have the assembly. Unless things have changed I believe you would probably have to find New Old Stock (NOS) if you want the glass lenses. They are real nice.
:usa:
Rich
https://manuals.casecoltingersoll.c...2, 224, 444 Parts Manual 1375_watermarked.pdf

#25 ·
73case
This is a pretty good deal at Northern Tool,
I have seen a low back seat that's close to a stock seat for the older Case Garden Tractors

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_345945_345945

Black Talon Highback Lawn Mower Seat - Black, Model# 115000BK -
Only $59.99

• Universal hole patterns enable simple mounting
  • Waterproof polyurethane upholstery
  • Hole patterns:
  • 5 1/4in. x 4 1/2in.
  • 6in. x 5in.

bigman :usa2:

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

#35 ·
73case
This is a pretty good deal at Northern Tool,
I have seen a low back seat that's close to a stock seat for the older Case Garden Tractors

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_345945_345945

Black Talon Highback Lawn Mower Seat - Black, Model# 115000BK -
Only $59.99

• Universal hole patterns enable simple mounting
  • Waterproof polyurethane upholstery
  • Hole patterns:
  • 5 1/4in. x 4 1/2in.
  • 6in. x 5in.

bigman

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
Is this the short back seat?

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200403214_200403214

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.