B48m flywheel reinstall problems. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenc View Post
    Reading and rereading this, it seems you are replacing the flywheel on a B series Onan with one from a P series, is that correct?

If so I don't think they are intended to interchange. I'll look at a couple later today to be sure, but if memory serves, that should not work.
    Yes after the factory flywheel cracked I measured (tape measure) the p series flywheel to see if it was the same size. I did google it and saw people say it should work.

And since I saw it posted on the internet it has to be true right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRP1 View Post
    I am done with onan engines. I want to get this one running to get my loader working but next issue i have I will repower the tractor with something different. Anything different.
    Well, someone at some point appears to have over-tightened the flywheel!

Too bad that has soured your opinion of Onan's. Proper care and assembly proved longevity!

Ray W

Thanks
    So I decided to just assemble the engine and just see what happens.

The starter stays engaged. And I am ok with that just to finish testing this engine. So I move forward to see if I can fire off the engine. No spark and air is pushing hard out of the intake.

I am done. I have 2 tractors that do not run both have onan engines. I will sell these boat anchors for what ever I can and buy a kohler or Briggs..