Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

year for 4016

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  case3016 
#1 ·
my son just recently purchased on an auction a 4016, S/N 17194170, in the year built section, this is 2000 units more than the last year listed of 2000. i have found another book where it makes it newer than 2002 for sure. does anyone have a listing for what year this unit is? thanks randy

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Randy !!! Great to have you here. Congratulations to your Son on his 4016. As you stated, our records indicate it is a 2000. Not for sure if they were made after that year but someone will be along to help that will. Please post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

#6 ·
the side shields where missing from the unit and took them off the 3012 he got at the same auction. i do not see any parts book w/those decals, nor paint style, all the original paint as far as we know. 4016 w/a briggs. like i said, it is 2000 numbers bigger than the s/n listing on the site, i did find a used price book at work that shows it is at least a 2002. Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi case3016,
On the R/H side of the blower housing is the engine data plate, the 3rd group of numbers is the date code. The first two numbers is the year of manufacture, the next two numbers is the month of manufacture, the next two numbers is the day of manufacture, the last two numbers is the assembly line and manufacturing plant.
With this information you can determine the year of manufacture of the tractor as the engine had to be built and shipped to Ingersoll before the tractor was built. The data label on the tractor will tell you where the place of manufacture was, Winneconne, WI or later in Portland, ME. As with everything, three things, condition, condition, condition!:geek:

#10 ·
Is there any officially recognized serial date codes for the tractors beyond what is on this site?

Since the date codes on the engine numbers are known specs. that will lock that down solid but if ya wanted to get picky, it really only locks down the engine.

We know the underseat PTO, padded foot rests and controls, happened in the early 90s. 93,94?

We know they changed the paint and decals in the early 2000s. Can anyone nail that down?

At some point, I think it was Brian, showed a new ignition switch location, with a lock out for reverse mowing shut off but don't recall if he mentioned what yr. that happened.

#11 ·
Not aware of any listing beyond the published charts which the forum has. At one time we were able to research late production serial numbers one by one with Eastman.

Based on serial number encoding, we can generally breakpoint the production of Ingersoll-Rothenberger (Winneconne 2001-2005) and Ingersoll-Eastman (Winneconne, 2006) or Ingersoll-Eastman (Portland 2007-2014) built tractors.

The serial number presented here is a Ingersoll-Rothenberger number, so surely in the 2001 - 2006 time frame.

So one more bit of trivia ... the decals.

We know that the '3D' italics Ingersoll decal was released by engineering in June 2003, so if original it would not show up on tractors before that (they were available for service parts for about 15 years ... obsolete now).

We might presume that this decal took a while to fold in to production and so late 2003/early 2004 would have introduced those on production tractors.

Brian

#17 ·
well, our son found one. we have a one way sweeper that we put on my Cub Cadet 108. now he has one that angles both ways. he had his girl friends brother pick it up on a trip to NJ. he will have it over here on Monday to make final adjustments and get it running. cant wait. interesting drive and hook up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

#18 ·
well, our son found one. we have a one way sweeper that we put on my Cub Cadet 108. now he has one that angles both ways. he had his girl friends brother pick it up on a trip to NJ. he will have it over here on Monday to make final adjustments and get it running. cant wait. interesting drive and hook up.
View attachment 117201
That looks like a Bercomac sweeper. If it attaches with two "spears" that slide into the mount on the tractor, a Bercomac "Northeast" snowblower should also fit that mount if you can find one. The mount itself is hard to come by.

With Respect, Willy

#19 ·
yes, i believe that is the manufacture. it does mount w/the 2 spears which i thought was rather unique. he did say it mounted real easy w/o seeing it came apart there. he has a 48" s/b, so that is not needed. he wanted the broom that the head pivots. that way no matter the direction of the wind when brooming gravel stones from the ditch in the spring, we will not be eating dust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.