Brian, Spring Lake, Travel control problem
    Thanks

Brian, Spring Lake, Travel control problem

I've introduced myself previously, but I don't see any way to post to the main forum.

I've been doing some modding to my Ingersoll 4020. Three point hitch, and now a pedal control, which would work fine, except my travel control valve has a HARD stop at the reverse position. I've searched the forums extensively, and don't see anyone else mentioning such a problem. I noticed it with the lever control, and it's harder to overcome with the foot pedal. It's the valve itself. I've disconnected the linkage, working only the valve cylinder on the front of the controller. When it gets to the reverse position it stops, and has to be pried with a bar to come out further, into reverse. Once in reverse I can control the speed, but it can't be used this way, because it jumps to a high speed when overcoming the stuck point. Anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 822 Posts
    At back spool there cap inside there spring and ball bearing 1/4" they only grease at assemble yours could be 30 years since greased. I surject take valve off tractor to do repair drain fluid first at test/drain plug. loosing lines 1" wrench to drive motor. On back spool cap on top back cover you remove small plug and take out small spring ball bearing, then remove cap and check spool movement again if free inspect balls closely. If spool still sticking pull spool out valve check condition spool. Spool can be bend are damaged.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gator_rider2 For This Useful Post:

Capt. Dan (08-01-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gator_rider2 View Post
    At back spool there cap inside there spring and ball bearing 1/4" they only grease at assemble yours could be 30 years since greased. I surject take valve off tractor to do repair drain fluid first at test/drain plug. loosing lines 1" wrench to drive motor. On back spool cap on top back cover you remove small plug and take out small spring ball bearing, then remove cap and check spool movement again if free inspect balls closely. If spool still sticking pull spool out valve check condition spool. Spool can be bend are damaged.
    Thank you so much! I'll try that.