couple of questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 610 Posts
    If... IF I am understanding the parts manual for that old 444 correctly, the add on lift valve is plumbed in AFTER the TCV. The parts show a line to the cooler - tank and a rubber hose coming from the TCV.

Screenshot from 2020-09-18 08-59-22.jpg

So, if he puts a more modern 446 style pump to TCV line C18797 that would put the in and out of the TCV on Factory rubber lines.. Now whether those will LONG enough to do the job, not 100% sure. He may have to go to local shop for custom lines.

He will be using the Combo valve that I have and I'm going to send a used C18797 line I have from scrapped tractor along and some jic fittings hopefully to help get it installed. The old line will atleast let him mock it up and see if a stock line works, or if he'll have to go custom.

Because that vintage of 444 has the optional lift circuit on the side of the console, he might be able to put something like the standard control on the dash and hook up the 'lift' on the TCV that way.

OR.. Push pull, ala clutch or manual transmission shift cables are all over the junk yards, he could use one of those and put the control for the 3 point just about anywhere.

This valve does have the centering springs on BOTH spools, so not sure how the control for the old tractor will handle that.. worst case, he can remove the spring and rod from the travel spool and put the cover back on and it would be just like the old valve..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sdunt For This Useful Post:

Frybie (09-20-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    So I checked my tcv's on the shelf. The 600 tcv to my 4020 tcv.. with both flush at the front the integrated one is offset 1" more to the rear. So the 2 holes in the floor go back 1" to accommodate the newer style. Then front linkages can be hooked up like stock. Id think one could adapt the lift linkage to run the 3 point from another tractor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jancoe For This Useful Post:

Frybie (09-20-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdunt View Post
    If... IF I am understanding the parts manual for that old 444 correctly, the add on lift valve is plumbed in AFTER the TCV. The parts show a line to the cooler - tank and a rubber hose coming from the TCV.

Screenshot from 2020-09-18 08-59-22.jpg

So, if he puts a more modern 446 style pump to TCV line C18797 that would put the in and out of the TCV on Factory rubber lines.. Now whether those will LONG enough to do the job, not 100% sure. He may have to go to local shop for custom lines.

He will be using the Combo valve that I have and I'm going to send a used C18797 line I have from scrapped tractor along and some jic fittings hopefully to help get it installed. The old line will atleast let him mock it up and see if a stock line works, or if he'll have to go custom.

Because that vintage of 444 has the optional lift circuit on the side of the console, he might be able to put something like the standard control on the dash and hook up the 'lift' on the TCV that way.

OR.. Push pull, ala clutch or manual transmission shift cables are all over the junk yards, he could use one of those and put the control for the 3 point just about anywhere.

This valve does have the centering springs on BOTH spools, so not sure how the control for the old tractor will handle that.. worst case, he can remove the spring and rod from the travel spool and put the cover back on and it would be just like the old valve..
    That is the current correct lift control setup, basically the midlift valve is plumbed into the return to cooler line from the TCV. A rubber hose feeding lift valve from the TCValve, and a metal tube from the valve feeds on up to the cooler. I will leave intact for the midlift (plow) (will have to find a rebuild kit as it currently leaks)
    I have stripped everything off and out of the tractor1976.jpg1978.jpg1982.jpg
    going shopping this morning and see if I can find a couple of hydro caps to plug the drive motor so I can take her outside and powerwash the buh-Jesus out of her LOL! 1983.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frybie For This Useful Post:

dave1mn2 (09-20-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,033 Posts
    You're that far stripped down, may as well take a peak inside the transaxle to check the condition of the gears and the bolts that can back off, or break.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1mn2 For This Useful Post:

Frybie (09-29-2020)

Thanks
    Hairbrain idea, thinking about possibly sleeving the travel control arm (on right)1982.jpg rig up a arm to actuate the second valve in the new TCV and let the sleeve go all the way up, through the dash and add a second lever, under the existing lever for the 3 point.1976.jpgI don't know if I've explained that very well but if done right I think I can add a lever under the motion lever and end up looking pretty slick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1mn2 View Post
    You're that far stripped down, may as well take a peak inside the transaxle to check the condition of the gears and the bolts that can back off, or break.
    I know I said "I am not going to restore this tractor",,,BUT.....after this mod is mocked up,,,might as well go all in.

Thanks
    Thank you sdunt,
    I received the valve and have it tentatively mounted, working on connections now. I will post in a new thread progress and pics.
    1986.jpgthis thing is MASSIVE!!
    Dave you probably ought to come over this weekend, then give me a thumbs up, OR kick me in the butt, You'll decide when you see this...Thank you to everyone for your input/advice,,,more to come later!
    Frybie
    Last edited by Frybie; 09-29-2020 at 05:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 610 Posts
    Compared to that old single spool valve, yes, a holding valve is large. Compared to the more modern 2 spool TCV valve its roughly the same sized.

Glad it got there, so the USPS did not mangle the box too bad? You found the bag with spare fittings and control rods? Of course USPS loves it when you put 20 pounds of cast iron in a medium flat rate box..

Dave will be able to help sort that out.. And keep us in the loop too want to see how that fits once its in there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Glad it got there, so the USPS did not mangle the box too bad? You found the bag with spare fittings and control rods? Of course USPS loves it when you put 20 pounds of cast iron in a medium flat rate box.. [quote]

My local post office was thrilled when I received a 50 pound lathe chuck in a large flat rate. The girls were quite happy to see it leave!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 852 Posts
    Of course USPS loves it when you put 20 pounds of cast iron in a medium flat rate box..
    You should see the look on their (postal carriers) faces ( ) when you start getting a pair of wheel weights delivered in the "If It Fits It Ships' boxes. Factory weights were bad enough, but I got some custom solid steel 2' thick weights, two in one box at 52 pounds each with nuts and bolts. That's when you get a note in the mailbox that you have to go to the post office and pickup the package And find that the shipper should have used a roll of the fiber reinforced tape on the whole box, as the box was shredded and everything was in a USPS plastic tote The man in the post office was smiling when he said "I guess you got your money's worth out of that box "

Gordy

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gordy For This Useful Post:

dundee222 (09-29-2020),Frybie (10-03-2020),Maine Willy (09-30-2020)