couple of questions - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybie View Post
    Thank you sdunt,
    I received the valve and have it tentatively mounted, working on connections now. I will post in a new thread progress and pics.
    Attachment 117703this thing is MASSIVE!!
    Dave you probably ought to come over this weekend, then give me a thumbs up, OR kick me in the butt, You'll decide when you see this...Thank you to everyone for your input/advice,,,more to come later!
    Frybie
    My camera is not good at taking close up pics, might be better if we start here first. We'll strip the belly pan from the 4018 and you'll have full access to document the plumbing and linkages. Bring your valve and we'll mark it with a keel if need be.

My first impression, is yeah, pretty radically different sizes. Gonna require reworking not just the plumbing but linkage too. As much as you mess with these things, there is no harm in having an extra valve handy. A cleaner installation is probably going to include your original valve, the add on holding valve that Bill offered and a selector valve but I guess we'll hash that out this weekend.

Far as I know, I'm free either day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdunt View Post
    Glad it got there, so the USPS did not mangle the box too bad? You found the bag with spare fittings and control rods? Of course USPS loves it when you put 20 pounds of cast iron in a medium flat rate box..
    Everything made it, the corner of the box was blown out, but everything was still in the box!
    and yes I have had a few of "those looks" when setting a heavy flat rate box up on the counter!

Thanks
    My local post office was thrilled when I received a 50 pound lathe chuck in a large flat rate. The girls were quite happy to see it leave!

I bet they were!! lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    You should see the look on their (postal carriers) faces ( ) when you start getting a pair of wheel weights delivered in the "If It Fits It Ships' boxes. Factory weights were bad enough, but I got some custom solid steel 2' thick weights, two in one box at 52 pounds each with nuts and bolts. That's when you get a note in the mailbox that you have to go to the post office and pickup the package And find that the shipper should have used a roll of the fiber reinforced tape on the whole box, as the box was shredded and everything was in a USPS plastic tote The man in the post office was smiling when he said "I guess you got your money's worth out of that box "

Gordy
    TNX Gordy that story made me Laugh!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frybie For This Useful Post:

Gordy (10-03-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1mn2 View Post
    My camera is not good at taking close up pics, might be better if we start here first. We'll strip the belly pan from the 4018 and you'll have full access to document the plumbing and linkages. Bring your valve and we'll mark it with a keel if need be.

My first impression, is yeah, pretty radically different sizes. Gonna require reworking not just the plumbing but linkage too. As much as you mess with these things, there is no harm in having an extra valve handy. A cleaner installation is probably going to include your original valve, the add on holding valve that Bill offered and a selector valve but I guess we'll hash that out this weekend.

Far as I know, I'm free either day.
    Well, I had the luck to have one of the tubes from the drive motor, with a bit of tweeking fit up to the valve, drilled one mounting hole, & got the linkage all worked out on both spools. So I tore everything down and yesterday afternoon on the way to work, dropped of all the big stuff at the local sandblaster joint. will need to find someone that can custom bend & flare new tubes, or just put rubber ones under there.
    Dave DONT pull your bellypan off, I managed to get under the 4018 and see enough to get ideas. Here is a sneek preview the mod for the second spool. (I don't have the travel side hooked up it these pics.)
    1988.jpg1989.jpg

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frybie For This Useful Post:

CobyDog$10 (10-05-2020),dave1mn2 (10-03-2020),dundee222 (10-03-2020),Gordy (10-03-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybie View Post
    Well, I had the luck to have one of the tubes from the drive motor, with a bit of tweeking fit up to the valve, drilled one mounting hole, & got the linkage all worked out on both spools. So I tore everything down and yesterday afternoon on the way to work, dropped of all the big stuff at the local sandblaster joint. will need to find someone that can custom bend & flare new tubes, or just put rubber ones under there.
    Dave DONT pull your bellypan off, I managed to get under the 4018 and see enough to get ideas. Here is a sneek preview the mod for the second spool. (I don't have the travel side hooked up it these pics.)
    1988.jpg1989.jpg
    OK, yeah, the direction you've gone, no point in coming here.