Bercomac belt

Thread: Bercomac belt

Thanks

Bercomac belt

I know it’s still mowing season but I got a new toy earlier this year and am prepping it for my first winter with it. Therefore my question. For those running the Bercomac snowblowers, what belt size are you running? I have the 700211-1 model on my ingersoll 444 (original case rotation, not the reverse engine Ingersoll's if that matters.)

thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I believe the Berco part number is 102842.

Check with the dealers on the web site. Mine is the Vanguard rotation. Not sure if they are different in length etc.

I got my Berco used with a non-berco belt - it didn't last so I got a Berco belt - have run it two years now in Maine snow and slush.

While you are at it, get a new pulley tension spring. part no. 102304

With Respect, Willy
    Last edited by Maine Willy; 09-16-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 829 Posts
    Did the blower come off of a 3 digit tractor? On the mule for the blower, is the spring loaded idler on the left as viewed from the seat? I ask because they used to make 2 different mules, one for the 3 digit tractors and the other for the 4 digit.

Gordy

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    Did the blower come off of a 3 digit tractor? On the mule for the blower, is the spring loaded idler on the left as viewed from the seat? I ask because they used to make 2 different mules, one for the 3 digit tractors and the other for the 4 digit.

Gordy
    Gordy, that's true for the Case/Ingersoll snowcasters. However, Berco only manufactured a mule drive for the 4 digit model tractors. The Berco ones have to be modified (swapping the idler pulleys / spring to opposite sides) to run on a 3 digit tractor. I've done one following what k0jdd did in this thread --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showth...mac-Snowblower

And yes, Willy is correct ... Berco #102842 is the belt for use on 4000 series tractors. And that same belt still fits on a 400 series after the idler pulleys on the mule drive have been swapped around to work with the opposite engine orientation). I have a couple of the same Berco model 700211-1 snowblowers so that works out good being able to use the same belt # with both my 448 & 4020ps.88_448_and_01_4020PS_1.jpg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_McAvoy For This Useful Post:

k0jdd (09-16-2020)

Thanks
    So the lightbulb just got brighter. Guy I bought tractor and berco from said he used it on this tractor and it worked good, but belt kept coming off. I thought I compared mule drives to the 48” snowcaster but must not have and looking just now, yes it’s for Ingersoll.

no worries, I’ll mount it to the 3014 and see if the 2 extra hp I get from the carb swap makes a difference.

i had sent berco an email last night because the two nearest dealers on their website didn’t sell berco parts. I need to replace a few other parts on it. Berco actually called me tonight to correct their website, super nice lady, shes emailing me a number in PA to call to get parts. I’ll add the berco belt to the list

thanks gents!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67halfcab View Post
    So the lightbulb just got brighter. Guy I bought tractor and berco from said he used it on this tractor and it worked good, but belt kept coming off. I thought I compared mule drives to the 48” snowcaster but must not have and looking just now, yes it’s for Ingersoll.
    Interesting to hear that he was somehow able to make it work without swapping the idler pulleys around. I guess that's probably why the belt kept coming off though :)

no worries, I’ll mount it to the 3014 and see if the 2 extra hp I get from the carb swap makes a difference.
    Using it on your 3014 will require a different (shorter) belt. #102473 according to the Berco manual.

Yeah, depending on snow conditions, these Berco blowers can require quite a bit of HP. I ran one last winter on my 446 and it did pretty good, although it did require slower travel speeds through heavy snow as compared to the 448 & 4020.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,037 Posts
    i had sent berco an email last night because the two nearest dealers on their website didn’t sell berco parts. I need to replace a few other parts on it. Berco actually called me tonight to correct their website, super nice lady, shes emailing me a number in PA to call to get parts. I’ll add the berco belt to the list
    thanks gents!
    We sell Bercomac extensively:

https://salempwr.com/102842/ For the 4000 series
    https://salempwr.com/102473/ For the 3000 series

Drop me an eMail and I'll forward you the operator's and parts manuals for the drive kit and snowblower.

https://salempwr.com/700211-1-44-del...bframe-manual/

Brian

Thanks
    In the parts manual section on this website you will find the Berco manual. This is where I figured out I needed a B91 belt to run the Berco on my 4016. I've had good luck with Gates Hi-Power II Belts https://www.amazon.com/Gates-B91-Hi-...0303879&sr=8-2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_McAvoy View Post
    Gordy, that's true for the Case/Ingersoll snowcasters. However, Berco only manufactured a mule drive for the 4 digit model tractors.
    With respect, that is not accurate. 15+ years ago I was looking at a used Berco blower locally, but knew I would need a mule for my tractor. The Berco site had one listed for the 2xx & 4xx's, but was NLA at that time. I contacted them, and they sent me a PDF of it. Unfortunately that was 4 computers ago, if we could access the old Yahoo group I had posted it there, at several members request.

Gordy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordy For This Useful Post:

Ray_McAvoy (09-16-2020)

Thanks
    Thanks Gordy! I stand corrected ... that's good to know that Berco did at one time offer a mule drive for the 3 digit tractors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_McAvoy For This Useful Post:

Gordy (09-16-2020)