Trying to understand pricing for High wheel Case/Ingersoll tractors - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1mn2 View Post
    Yes, they have cogged belts and the blades are timed (which sounds a lot more complex than it is). I haven't had an issue with them getting out of time but I probably don't have 15hrs. on my rebuild. When I got mine, after reading lots of threads about them, the main caution is to not hit stumps, rocks etc. That goes without saying on any deck but yeah, if the blades hit each other, bad things could happen.
    The Ariens did not require hitting anything :-( Just uneven loading of the blades. Around the edges and obstacles the wife tends to mow 5 or 6 inches away from where she mowed the last time. Rather than cleaning up a foot and a half with the weed whip I used the Ariens Back to the AC 912, that thing can and has double as a brush hog

Gordy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    After having several 2c series and one 446, this is my resolve. I regret letting that 226 with wide original ag tires go for a bird song. Especially seeing the same tractor on marketplace after two days at almost twice the price. That's not important though. I find the 446 working the garden better than a 2c series. Just better traction for the plow and tiller. But pulling a garden cart around, doing the lawn, I think a 2c series somehow fits better.

Thanks
    My 446 didn’t run when I got it. The gentleman who sold it thought it might be the rectifier, but I chased it down to a bad starter. I’m in the middle of a complete rebuild right now. Have all the parts just no time to put them back together 😂.

The 646 I got with a “bad” pump. I adjusted the banana plate, and replaced the hydraulic hoses to the TCV with hard lines (per apec) and now she’s runs well.

In regard to finding a deal you just need to keep your eyes open and one will show up.

Process Mechanic
    Thanks
    Hi, I have read everyones posts and all is relevant. I live near Rochester NY. I saw a 446 sitting next to garage for over a year. I stopped several times. Finally talkedto owner. The tractor had no engine.the owner opened shed door and was filled w/Case implements and a 4016. She said everything has to go. Long story short, got both tractors,2 decks 48", RM48,J46,2 Snowcasters,a 54" blade,and a K1 cab. She said 1200 for all. When I came back w/car trailer and loaded it all she came up and said give me 800. Keep your eyes open.You're in the heartland of Case/Ingersoll equip.so generally prices are better but you never know!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:

CobyDog$10 (10-15-2020),dave1mn2 (10-15-2020),dundee222 (10-15-2020),tss8690 (10-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,551 Posts
    GREAT SCORE!! Curious. Is your horseshoe uncomfortable when you sit down???
    Last edited by dundee222; 10-15-2020 at 11:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dundee222 For This Useful Post:

Gordy (10-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundee222 View Post
    GREAT SCORE!! Curious. Is your horseshoe uncomfortable when you sit down???
    It should be. By my count, he bought a cab, a roller tractor and a mower deck and got the rest for free.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1mn2 View Post
    Speaking of prices, Indiana is close enough to gain the "Midwest" price advantage and have plenty to choose from, at least within contiguous states.
    Asking prices can be all over the place here.

I ended up paying $1,800 for a running 226, 448, 2x snowcasters, 2x functioning mower decks, utility cart, spare transaxle, tire chains, wheel weights and a box of spare parts.

Previously I had looked at a smoking 446 with a bad paint job, mower deck w/seized bearings and utility blade for $1,400.

The average asking price of 200 series tractors seems much more stable.