Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Hello from Ontario Canada

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Eugene Slagell 
#1 ·
I have been reading many threads in here lots of great info. I recently purchased a case 444 (1976 I believe ) trying to track down owners manual. It came with deck rear blade and snowblower. The snow will be flying up here shortly. just want to make sure I am good to go for the winter. Any tips info prep maintenance etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all
serial # 9726879

#3 · (Edited)
:wave: Hello dicedog, and welcome to the group :wave:

You can nail down the year, In the black header is a tab "What Year". The numbers listed are for the beginning of the year.

Manuals: click on "Forum" in the black header and scroll down to the "Technical library". You will need the PIN (serial)# to get the proper manuals.

Tips;
1. Belts on these are 9/16 wide,and should be bought from one of our trusted dealers (They will introduce themselves shortly). Local store belts will be 1/2" or 5/8" and just don't work well.

2. Belts; They usually break when you need them. It never hurts to have spares on hand due to shipping time delays.

3. Rust; Any rust in the caster housing and chute needs to be taken care of, wet sticky snow is worst as it tends to try and stick to the rust. This will cause reduced throwing distance and increased chances of plugging. I like to sand or wire wheel them and paint with graphite paint. Brands I have used are EZ Slide and Slip Plate.

4.Traction; Rear wheel weight either fluid or solid or both and chains will be your friend.

:cheers:
Gordy

Ps; Remove the chute and inspect the joint it rotates on.May likely need rust removal and paint also.

#5 · (Edited)
:wave: Hello dicedog, and welcome to the group :wave:

You can nail down the year, In the black header is a tab "What Year". The numbers listed are for the beginning of the year.

Manuals: click on "Forum" in the black header and scroll down to the "Technical library". You will need the PIN (serial)# to get the proper manuals.

Tips;
1. Belts on these are 9/16 wide,and should be bought from one of our trusted dealers (They will introduce themselves shortly). Local store belts will be 1/2" or 5/8" and just don't work well.

2. Belts; They usually break when you need them. It never hurts to have spares on hand due to shipping time delays.

3. Rust; Any rust in the caster housing and chute needs to be taken care of, wet sticky snow is worst as it tends to try and stick to the rust. This will cause reduced throwing distance and increased chances of plugging. I like to sand or wire wheel them and paint with graphite paint. Brands I have used are EZ Slide and Slip Plate.

4.Traction; Rear wheel weight either fluid or solid or both and chains will be your friend.

:cheers:
Gordy
Great advice here from Gordy, as always.

A couple other things would be a hydraulic system oil change, to make sure you have the right weight for your expected weather and replacement of all the fuel lines from the tank forward. A fresh fuel filter never hurts either. Checking function of your PTO etc. Anything that you'd rather do now, instead of when it is colder.

I've never had a 4xx but both used 40xxs I've bought, had loose bolts between the frame and the trans.

You say you have a rear blade. 3pt. or sleeve hitch?

#6 ·
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. :thumbup:
The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.
https://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...-Tractor-FAQ-s

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
https://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...hnical-Library

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum, lots of good info and nice and knowledgeable people here. There's a whole bunch of us here Ontarians. Have a 446 and a 224 at the moment, but yearning for that loader on a 646.

Great thing that you got a scraper blade. That's something I wish I had for sure.

#12 ·
Dice Dog, You are definitely not alone. I have found 29 Ontario CCI members, Some inactive and maybe aged out. These tractors can stump the best of us. I am continually amazed at the creativity and wealth of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge that is shared on this site. The skill and craftsmanship some members have put into creating new tractors, implements, and toyboxes leave me in smoke.

Enjoy,

Eugene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.