Hello from Ontario Canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hello from Ontario Canada

I have been reading many threads in here lots of great info. I recently purchased a case 444 (1976 I believe ) trying to track down owners manual. It came with deck rear blade and snowblower. The snow will be flying up here shortly. just want to make sure I am good to go for the winter. Any tips info prep maintenance etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all
    serial # 9726879

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    welcome aboard in in ontario

Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 849 Posts
    Hello dicedog, and welcome to the group

You can nail down the year, In the black header is a tab "What Year". The numbers listed are for the beginning of the year.

Manuals: click on "Forum" in the black header and scroll down to the "Technical library". You will need the PIN (serial)# to get the proper manuals.

Tips;
    1. Belts on these are 9/16 wide,and should be bought from one of our trusted dealers (They will introduce themselves shortly). Local store belts will be 1/2" or 5/8" and just don't work well.

2. Belts; They usually break when you need them. It never hurts to have spares on hand due to shipping time delays.

3. Rust; Any rust in the caster housing and chute needs to be taken care of, wet sticky snow is worst as it tends to try and stick to the rust. This will cause reduced throwing distance and increased chances of plugging. I like to sand or wire wheel them and paint with graphite paint. Brands I have used are EZ Slide and Slip Plate.

4.Traction; Rear wheel weight either fluid or solid or both and chains will be your friend.

Gordy

Ps; Remove the chute and inspect the joint it rotates on.May likely need rust removal and paint also.
    Last edited by Gordy; 10-17-2020 at 12:59 PM. Reason: PS

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordy For This Useful Post:

dave1mn2 (10-17-2020),iko (10-17-2020)

6. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Welcome aboard. I hope you find the forum informative and entertaining.

Brian
    Salem Power Equipment
    Plymouth, MI 48170
    https://salempwr.com/online-store/ingersoll/
    [email protected]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    Hello dicedog, and welcome to the group

You can nail down the year, In the black header is a tab "What Year". The numbers listed are for the beginning of the year.

Manuals: click on "Forum" in the black header and scroll down to the "Technical library". You will need the PIN (serial)# to get the proper manuals.

Tips;
    1. Belts on these are 9/16 wide,and should be bought from one of our trusted dealers (They will introduce themselves shortly). Local store belts will be 1/2" or 5/8" and just don't work well.

2. Belts; They usually break when you need them. It never hurts to have spares on hand due to shipping time delays.

3. Rust; Any rust in the caster housing and chute needs to be taken care of, wet sticky snow is worst as it tends to try and stick to the rust. This will cause reduced throwing distance and increased chances of plugging. I like to sand or wire wheel them and paint with graphite paint. Brands I have used are EZ Slide and Slip Plate.

4.Traction; Rear wheel weight either fluid or solid or both and chains will be your friend.

Gordy
    Great advice here from Gordy, as always.

A couple other things would be a hydraulic system oil change, to make sure you have the right weight for your expected weather and replacement of all the fuel lines from the tank forward. A fresh fuel filter never hurts either. Checking function of your PTO etc. Anything that you'd rather do now, instead of when it is colder.

I've never had a 4xx but both used 40xxs I've bought, had loose bolts between the frame and the trans.

You say you have a rear blade. 3pt. or sleeve hitch?
    Last edited by dave1mn2; 10-17-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 515 Posts
    Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'.
    The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.
    https://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...-Tractor-FAQ-s

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
    https://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...hnical-Library

Site sponsor, Parts Dealer BarnImp.1662's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 805 Posts
    Hello & Welcome dicedog, Congrats on the Case 444, Yes a 1976 model indeed. We are glad to have you here with us & hope you enjoy this site. We are all here to help out, we ship to Canada pretty much weekly.Yes your op manual is in the tex library on this site (9-3452) Take Care From Bill & Charlie at Barneveld Imp. 608-924-1662 (The Parts Guys) www.barneveldimp.com

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, lots of good info and nice and knowledgeable people here. There's a whole bunch of us here Ontarians. Have a 446 and a 224 at the moment, but yearning for that loader on a 646.

Great thing that you got a scraper blade. That's something I wish I had for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 817 Posts
    Welcome aboard dicedog !!! Great to have you here. Congratulations on your 444. Please post some pics when you're able to.

Enjoy the site
    Capt Dan

Thanks
    Welcome Dicedog!

There are quite a few Ontario guys on here.

What part of Onatrio are you from?

Jeff