Ramble. First leaf mulching of the season, another yr. almost gone.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,032 Posts

Ramble. First leaf mulching of the season, another yr. almost gone.

A bunch of rain is in the forecast and we've had a couple frosts and some wind lately, so it was time for the first go at mulching the leaves, before they get too heavy and packed down.

Just another day to be grateful of these great machines and this group, that helps us keep them going, both members and dealers.

Its been very dry here for a while so it was dusty but while my neighbor was operating in a constant cloud, sometimes heavy enough that I couldn't even see him, the mulching kit on the RM48, in comparison, kept me in the clear. Still dusty, but completely different levels.

Even though for the RM48s, the mulching blades are near impossible to get, if you have a chance at one, don't pass it up.

I've been using mine now for 4 yrs. and besides the dust being so much less, it takes days less time than using the sweeper, is easier on the yard and I think I'm able to see some turf improvement too.

Then I got to thinking about the tractor chores accomplished this yr. The biggest and most important, was straightening the front axle on the 4020PS, freshened paint on a few things, tried to and failed, at rebuilding its elec PTO, so a new one was mounted. I did finish Ugly Blade but unless we get a decent stretch of freakishly good weather, the Ingersoll Chair, will be put off again, till next spring at the least.

Confirmed that if a VG gets to sputtering, check the gap on the plugs and also confirmed that if a late 90s era Onan gets stubborn about starting, swap the connectors on the bottom 2 safety switches. I plan on rewiring that properly and installing a relay, just haven't decided exactly how yet.

There may be another thing or 2 that slip the mind at the moment and compared to a lot of the projects you guys have done, its a pretty thin list but progress, just the same.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave1mn2 For This Useful Post:

Harry (10-18-2020),tfish (10-19-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements