Switch lever position - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Pic showing switch's

20201023_134758.jpg I'm told that the levers should be on top of the actuator!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Yes, the levers go above the rod. My 1989 4018 switch pics.
    P4160075.jpeg

Thanks
    OK...Levers are now where they belong and both switches tripped. Neutral light comes on when ignition is on. Still nothing when I turn to start. I'll take the ignition switch out and check it for function and check the wires.
    The tractor has 2702 hours on it and runs very well. Other problems that I have had over the years were easily corrected. It doesn't use oil either!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Site Supporter
    Thanks
    Is that the original engine? If it is that a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by doc8254 View Post
    OK...Levers are now where they belong and both switches tripped. Neutral light comes on when ignition is on. Still nothing when I turn to start. I'll take the ignition switch out and check it for function and check the wires.
    The tractor has 2702 hours on it and runs very well. Other problems that I have had over the years were easily corrected. It doesn't use oil either!

Thanks
    It is the original engine! I did use Reg fuel in it but started using Mid Grade because of chain saw and other tools fuel requirements. I also use K and N HP2009 oil filters and change it after 100 hrs.

Thanks
    I've only seen your post here,, so I don't know what else you've tried.

Try grounding the post with the wire going to the safety switches at the solenoid and attempt to start. If still nothing, touch positive from the battery to the other small terminal. If it still won't crank, check for power through the solenoid when turning the key.

One problem I've seen is using a non- OEM solenoid. Ford starter solenoids will not work. They are wired differently internally from Case OEM. The Case solenoid uses one small terminal to activate and the other small terminal as ground through the safety switches. The case of the solenoid is not grounded.

Sorry to bore you if you were already aware of all this.

Thanks
    I'll try it! Thanks for your response!

Thanks
    I looked at the wiring diagram and checked for continuity and all seems well. I start it easily with a heavy jumper wire from the Positive post to the other post on the solenoid and the in On position. Starts instantly! The only thing I haven't tried is to take the Ignition switch plug in apart and check it. Maybe I'll just put a switch on my jumper and call it a done deal! lol

Thanks
    Tried that with no luck. I'll take it apart again and check the connections to the Ignition switch as well as the switch it self.

Thanks
    I took the ignition switch connector apart and cleaned the terminals put it back together and still nothing? Could it be a bad Solenoid on the Starter?