I know it is a little more money, but both E-Z Slide and Slip plate are available in rattle cans. So no brush marks.
Thanks for the pictures. I was running low paint after doing the chute, so I did the housing only in the center/paddle area. And did the auger paddles out to about 6 inch on each side. Figuring those were the places the snow would be packed tightest against the steel when running.
Setup looks great.. wishing i had a cab.. I figured I'd add a couple pics of my control since its the same motor. Although mine had a short shaft with a hole and not the worm shaft. My caster is down for new parts and planned on building a new chute for better snow control placement. Will also add some graphite paint to the inside housing. Have fun blowing snow this winter.
Here is the new chute control added. It is an Impala seat tilt motor as was removed. From the vehicle. I also stripped the chute to bare metal repainted it in Chevrolet engine paint. It’s a close match that I found another forum member mentioned this long ago. Inside I have added rubber to the auger I used a truck mud flap cut in strips. The housing was also coated in silicon.
NICE WORK! I wonder though, if you will not need a little shield [think roof] over the rotator to keep it from getting buried in snow and ice and freezing up. The rotators on big blowers are powerful hydraulic motors that turn a ring gear on the base of the chute and have a shield over them to prevent such issues, [although it would have a massive amount of ice to stop it from functioning].
So I rented a trailer, drove to the property and re-installed the points box (with new points and condenser) and the 646 fired right up! I know I need to still remount the coil (don't have a bracket...
dave1mn2- I did also figure on changing out the fuel lines too, if they are looking degraded. The fuel lines were changed out about 15 years ago. As for the hoses, the low pressure line, (soft hoses...
My project just keeps on expanding. Started with repairing bent pushrod,(exhaust) to deciding to really go for it and replace both heads. Then realizing that I might as well do a gasket kit while it...