4020 won't come out of float
    Thanks

4020 won't come out of float

I just picked up a 1996 4020 everything was working fine . Cut the grass and leaves with the hydravac parked it in the garage and put in float . Went back out the next day to finish my leaves and I can't get it to come out of float . Can't lift the deck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Is the control lever jammed, or floppy like it's not connected to anything?

Pull down the parts manual and look at the configuration of the lift linkage. Partially shown below.

This valve and linkage is above the mower deck, right in the center of the chassis. You'll likely need the mower deck off to fix anything.

Hydraulic LIft Linkage.jpg

If the control lever is 'floppy', likely something came disconnected or the ball joint separated.

If the control lever is 'jammed' in the float position, that could more likely indicate a stuck or corroded detent in the lift circuit. Could be another interference in the linkage, also. Let us know your findings and there will be plenty of guidance from the forum members.

Brian

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply . It isn't floppy , its jammed up . I'll get the deck off and check the linkage and start troubleshooting .