Seat suspension.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,131 Posts

Seat suspension.

Not many posts that I found mention it and its kinda surprising. CCIs had an evolution from metal pan seats, to thinly upholstered with rubber bumpers, to slightly better upholstery with springs, to a pretty decent seat and springs. With so many Cases still in use from before the change, I figured there'd be more people doing something about it.

Raising the seat too much may explain it and lack of a choice under several hundreds of dollars, may explain it further but I found one that won't raise it too terribly high that I'm strongly considering.

Its kinda funny though. Prices are all over the place, for the exact same thing and there is a definite love / hate thing about it. Its billed as "universal" but warns of fit, shows detailed drawings and encourages contact with the co. for any questions. Summarizing a bunch of reviews, of those who don't have a direct fit ... ~ Throw the directions away, they're worthless and confusing. Plan on having to rework things but do it anyway, because it'll be the best ride of your life.~

https://tracseats.com/seat-suspension-kits

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1mn2 For This Useful Post:

dundee222 (11-30-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Best price I've found. Supposed to be here Thursday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-ProfIle...cAAOSwglBbT2LV

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave1mn2 For This Useful Post:

CobyDog$10 (11-30-2020),david.barkey (11-30-2020)

Thanks
    Keep us posted. I'm very interested in this upgrade and how it works out.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CaseColtIngersoll.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,629 Posts
    Me too!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CobyDog$10 View Post
    Keep us posted. I'm very interested in this upgrade and how it works out.
    You know I will. Its going on Creampuff, so if it makes the ride better on a lowpro, with a modern seat and springs, imagine what it'll do for the rubber bumper Cases.

Thanks
    Checking some measurements, its very doubtful to be much of a direct fit. I'll need check my stock of plate scrap. Oh well, bout time for a run to the recycler anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 647 Posts
    My $.02 I agree that plate is great for making seat adapters and I have done that as well.

The latest mod to the 646 seat, and this is NOT the OEM seat on the tractor, but I wanted to move it back for more leg room. I used two 6 inch long pieces of shallow U channel:

The U channel is only like 3/8 -> 1/2" deep but 1 1/2 or so wide. I have 2 bolts under the seat into the mount that lets me cantilever the channel out past the end of the pan. It's a solid mount.

I too am watching your progress with this seat suspension add on .

Thanks
    Reading some of the reviews, apparently the device needs some space under it, in order to function, so bolting it to the seat pan is out. But I just went from a big wheel, to a low pro, on purpose, to get the lower center of gravity due to slopes. So the directions say mount it to the slide rails. I don't need the slide rails and if it doesn't need that much room, I'll come up with spacers, in order to give it enough but no more than necessary. That will help make up for whatever plate I'll have to put between it and the seat. Considering rubber pucks below, steel plate above but until I get it in my hands and see just how much room it needs where, all I can do is sorta brain storm.

Even with a decent seat and the factory spring system, the front is rigid. This device will cushion to the front too. I expect it to make a big difference in the ride. I just need to keep it as low as possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 647 Posts
    I'm wondering if the design is such that when this seat suspension compresses the arms come UP through these holes in the top plate:
    seatsuspension.png

and that's why they want the slide rails on the seat to make space for that.. Which leads me to wonder, so what if you flip this thing upside down will it still work correctly? then the 'space' it needs could be under the mount and not between the seat and the mount.

If you removed the standard 'Seat Hinge' plate and replaced it with two rails, that still hinged, but that were open in between that could be a way to provide space..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdunt View Post
    I'm wondering if the design is such that when this seat suspension compresses the arms come UP through these holes in the top plate:
    seatsuspension.png

and that's why they want the slide rails on the seat to make space for that.. Which leads me to wonder, so what if you flip this thing upside down will it still work correctly? then the 'space' it needs could be under the mount and not between the seat and the mount.

If you removed the standard 'Seat Hinge' plate and replaced it with two rails, that still hinged, but that were open in between that could be a way to provide space..
    Dunno. When I get it in my hands, I'll throw it in the vise and take some measurements of the travel, how much and where it happens.